A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Applications Packager|
|Start Date:||January 2020|
|Job Published:||December 30, 2019 17:41|
Application Packager 026785
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Service Operations
Position Type - Full Time
Location: North Greenwich
Contract Type: TfL
With systems that range from journey planners, live travel updates and Oyster cards to congestion charging and the regulation of over 3000 traffic lights – all of which need to be maintained, upgraded and repaired - the sheer size and scale of the experience we can offer IT professionals at TFL is unrivalled.
As the integrated body responsible for handling all the capital’s transport systems and implementing the Mayor’s transport strategy, we’re using a complex range of technologies to tackle unusual challenges and enable millions of people to travel every single day by a variety of transport modes.
About The Role:
You will be responsible for delivering Transport for London’s Applications integration to the desktop and mobile environments. You will be collaborating with internal customers and 3rd party vendors, using the latest technology to delivery a seamlessness customer experience.
The EUC Platform & Application Delivery (PAD) Team enables business applications to be run on TfL’s Standard Desktop Environment and Mobile devices.
The platform & application delivery team offer services that:
1. Provide Customers with an end to end service to enable and deliver applications (COTS and In-House/ Custom Developed) to TfL user’s standard operating environment (SOE) Desktop and Mobile devices. This includes new applications, upgrades/ periodic releases and re-works due to platform changes.
2. Provide a fix to incidents/ problem tickets related to: a) Application, SOE environment controls and b) Delivery of applications and Infrastructure Policy issues.
- Experienced level knowledge of Microsoft App-V 5.x
- Good knowledge of MSI Packaging
- Well-developed diagnostic and troubling shooting skills
- Understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure components as: Active Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, Firewall, Proxy
- Good documentation skills across a wide audience, i.e. technical and management
- Experience of AppSense Products V8.x
- Experience of Microsoft System Centre Config Manager (SCCM 2012)
- Experience of Batch, VBScript and PowerShell Scripting
- Deep Understanding of mobile application Digital Signing process (iOS and Android)
- Experience of Azure MBaaS
- Experience of IBM MaaS360 MDM / Microsoft Intune
- Applications Life Cycle Management
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment with comprehensive change management
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network and nominated person
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Please apply using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. You may also use the ‘additional documents’ section in your online application to attach a more detailed profile that is specifically relevant to the role you are applying for.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st January at 11:59pm
We reserve the right to close this advert early dependant on volume of applications
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.