Assistant Engineering Resource Manager 031679
Organisation - Support Services
Job - Business Partnering
Position Type - Full Time
12 Month Secondment or FTC Opportunity
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic individual that has excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge working with Microsoft Excel, and be able to turn their hand to producing reports and graphical output from a wide range of data sources.
Highly motivated and naturally curious, you will need to be able to manage your own workload, have the ability to adjust to new challenges, offer insight into better ways of working, whilst also providing the necessary backup to other team members.
This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated and determined team that supports the whole of TfL Engineering by bringing focused attention to workload demand and allocation issues faced by the directorate in these challenging times.
• Support Resource Managers in maintaining a strategic workforce plan across TfL Engineering to forecast demand and supply requirements for the short, medium and longer term
• Assist in the coordination of resourcing plans to ensure the effective utilisation of Engineering skills across the Engineering Directorate
• Assist in the identification of trends in workforce composition
• Monitor metrics and key performance indicators as advised by the Analytics & Information Manager to enable the continuous improvement of resource management capability
• Support development of discipline-specific training needs and associated development plans on behalf of the Functional Area
• Support the management of all associated SAP records and change approvals
• Support the management of staff competency records to ensure compliance with the needs of TfL Engineering Governance and external regulatory requirements
• Support the SAP Gatekeepers, managing organisation structure changes and maintaining accurate and consistent organisation charts
• Support the recruitment process on behalf of Resource Managers.
• Academic qualification demonstrating numerical and analytical capability
• Good knowledge of Excel and Visio
• Understanding of the project lifecycle and the different roles required
• Knowledge of project resourcing and recruitment processes
• Demonstrable experience of resource management and planning in a matrix environment.
• Experience of administering staff recruitment processes
• Experience of using Visio for creation of org charts
• Demonstrable experience of using Excel for recording, running queries and reporting of information – knowledge of using pivot tables and lookup functions essential
• Awareness of strategic workforce planning
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your most recent CV and Cover Letter. We encourage you to apply for the position that is most relevant to your existing skills, knowledge and experience as shortlisting is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the criteria for the role.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 10th November 2019 @ 23:59
A minimum of 5 working days notice will be provided however, please note, due to critical delivery timeframes we may not be able to offer interview slots outside of this period.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Our benefit package includes;
• Final Salary Pension Scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network (and one additional person at your address)
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private Healthcare discounted scheme
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers through the MyTfL rewards programme
• Discounted Eurostar travel
• Flexible Working or Part Time Working