A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Fit-Out
|Job Title:||Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Fit-Out|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2018 13:57|
Assistant Surveyor | Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Fit-Out
Location: London / Luton
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Within the group, Wates Smartspace delivers high quality fit-out and refurbishment services for our multinational customers across all corners of the UK, creating attractive, efficient and profitable spaces that support our clients’ business strategies. Our highly skilled teams have a wealth of experience and a robust track record in undertaking a range of services from minor refresh works and conversions to full developer shell fit-outs and complex refurbishment projects.
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Surveyor to join our established Smartspace division where you will work with the Project Surveyor in the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, commercial functions and contract reporting.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Regularly undertake site safety samples
- Ensures PDR’s A&B, Training Manuals are regularly completed for self.
- Create and regularly review personal action plans for project and personal related tasks.
- Regularly complete on site measurements/ take offs
- Develop accurate site records to assist in the measurement and valuation with regard to material and plant cost, COI and day works as well as drawing / specification revisions.
- Develop an understanding of the internal/external commercial strategies with regard to minor subcontract packages and on site prelims.
- Develop a particular understanding of the M&V process in order to support the production of monthly CVRs.
To be successful in the role you will already have basic commercial skills including an understanding of maximising value recovery.
Alongside this you will be a confident communicator, able to form and develop relationships with the PQS and design team.
A bit about us:
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Our vision is to become the most trusted partner in the built environment with an ambition to become a £2bn turnover business.
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).
We value each employee as an individual and offer flexible and competitive packages to support that.