A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Building Services Technician
|Job Title:||Building Services Technician|
|Salary:||20000 - 23000|
|Contact Name:||Radha Ancverina|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 15:06|
Are you good with your hands? Could you help our Building Services (Maintenance) Manager fix, maintain and service everything from the air con to the pool plant?
We’re looking for a Building Services (Maintenance) Technician to work as part of a team to effectively deliver both a preventative & reactive maintenance schedule following guidelines on safety, timescales & budget.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, keeping up to date & accurate records.
- Follow the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; working as part of the team to deliver effectively, on time & within budget.
- Maintain the basement, plant rooms, roof and fire exits to company standards and ensure all plant and equipment is maintained.
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements.
- Work as part of the wider club team, demonstrating a professional & courteous manner to members, assisting with queries they may have.
The role is full time, working 40 hours per week on a shift basis; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business and will include a mixture of ‘earlies’ (5.30am-1.30pm), ‘lates’ (9am-5pm), Alternative weekends and the occasional overnight shifts on a rotational basis.
What we can’t live without:
This role will suit someone with the technical knowledge & experience who will thrive on the varied nature of the maintenance requirements and work to provide the efficient & smooth running of the club at all times.
To be a successful Building Services Technician, you’ll have:
- A technical Level 2 qualification of City & Guilds equivalent or higher.
- Relevant technical experience in a working environment.
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision.
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- A dedicated Building Services Manager, there to support your learning & career development.
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.