A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2019 11:10|
BUSINESS ANALYST (0932)
The Business Analyst will work closely with business functions to identify how IT and Business Change can support delivery of the following:
The Business Analyst role operates during the entire Lifecycle from initial project feasibility, architecture and design, through project delivery and effective support through to business as usual. The initial areas of engagement will be before a project or bid is started (e.g. scoping, research, problem definition), and during the lifecycle phases ensure that the business requirements continue to match the solution delivery.
Individuals will be expected to take a wide view of business' needs and to work with all areas of IT to ensure solutions are delivered that are not only fit for purpose, but bring the maximum benefit to the business overall. The role will also have responsibility for requirements, supporting the preparation of detailed business case documents and change management plans in order to inform capital investment decisions.
This is an Ingenuity House based role with team members required to work mainly out of the Ingenuity House office. There is a requirement for Business Analysts to work at other Interserve locations or client’s sites.
· Work with business stakeholders, relevant areas of Interserve IT including the IT Business partners as required and IT Architecture Team to identify business and technical solutions.
· Determine feasibility of each solution option, help identify the best solution option and prepare feasibility report.
· Eliciting and analysing business level and detailed requirements to ensure successful solutions are pursued.
· Ensuring business process and solutions align to the overall Business and IT strategy and roadmap to support simplification and standardisation.
· Supporting creation of Business Case and any other key project documentation
· Undertaking of Systems / Data Analysis using UML standards where appropriate.
· Understand and articulate the impacts of IT change across the full end to end business model with stakeholders.
· Where appropriate, to support systems and user acceptance testing and assist in the validation of test scripts.
· Ensure the transitional arrangements and business readiness criteria are understood.
· Undertake process and scenario requirements workshops to assess operational impacts of change.
· Organisational modelling and business process modelling, including process improvement.
· Stakeholder management and communications with formal plans and documentation.
· Challenge business stakeholders to ensure they are fully aware of the business strategy and are fully equipped to deliver an efficient and effective solution or to use current product more effectively.
· Knowledge sharing with IT and business stakeholders.
· Responsible for coaching and supporting internal customers at implementation stage.
· Assist with the definition, design and application of business focussed solutions.
· Ability to challenge existing assumptions and enable delivery of a commercially focussed effective solution to the internal customer.
· Determine between business benefit solutions and procedural change requirements.
· Any other Business Analysis duties as deemed appropriate in relation to project inception or transformation activity.
Skills / Attributes:
· Interpersonal confidence and influence.
· Willingness and natural tendency for open communication.
· Professional credibility.
· Ability to create logical/analytical structure.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to take decisive action.
· Specialist confidence and influence.
· Judgment and problem solving in field of expertise.
· Cross functional awareness.
· Attention to detail.
· Process re-engineering and logical design skills.
· Business consulting and general business acumen.
· Personal organization and time management discipline.
· Business and revenue modelling.
· Problem solving.
· Team Building.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Conflict Management.
· Consensus Decision Making.
· Customer Relationship Management.
· Managing Politics & Stakeholders.
· Facilitation Skills.
· Stakeholder Management.
· Business Modelling.
· Business Case Development.
· Benefits Management.
· Corrective Actions and Identification of Workarounds.
· Business requirements engineering and management.
· 2+ years operating in a Business Analysis or Business Change environment
· Ideally BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB qualified (or working towards)
· Agile experience
· Working knowledge of TOGAF would also be desirable
· Working knowledge of continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma or Kaizen.
Interserve is one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies. Everything we do is shaped by our core values. We are a leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes for our clients and a great place to work for our people. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services. Headquartered in the UK and FTSE listed, we have gross revenues of £3.3 billion and a workforce of circa 75,000 people worldwide.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's