A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
CASUAL CP SUPERVISOR
|Job Title:||CASUAL CP SUPERVISOR|
|Salary:||Starting £22,039 which will be pro rated - Hourly Pid £11.42 / hr|
|Job Published:||July 09, 2018 17:35|
CASUAL CP SUPERVISOR
- Reference number
- CGM Manchester
- North West
- Sub location
- Cheshire & Greater Manchester
- Employment type
- Bank / Casual
- Hourly Rate Bands
We are recruiting for Casual Community Payback Supervisors across Cheshire to work collaboratively with Case Managers and Placement Coordinators to ensure that the order of the court is delivered and unpaid work (UPW) is completed within 12 months. Contribute to risk of harm assessment by sharing relevant timely information with Case Managers. Deliver the Interchange model by using the work placement as a vehicle to develop skills and encourage positive behaviours of service users.
· Work with service users with the aim of delivering the order of the court, using CP to bring about change with service users to prevent further offending and protect the public
· Work with service users with the aim of delivering the order of the court using CP as a means to enable change with service users to prevent further offending and protecting the public
· Supervise groups of service users on work placements
· Complete after every session observations of skills used by service users on work placement as part of the Record of Achievement
· Work collaboratively with peer mentors to encourage compliance, engagement and access to local networks
· Monitor and motivate service users to enable successful completion of unpaid work within 12 months
· Ensure that work placement hours are credited in a timely fashion
· Comply with children and adult safeguarding duties through sharing of relevant information to other agencies to promote the welfare of children and adults
· Work together as a team, with Community Payback Case Managers to share practice, knowledge of community networks and skills to promote a strong team ethos
· Demonstrate collaborative working with the Flex Team particularly in relation to Multiple Requirement Orders
· Perform other duties commensurate with the post as from time to time may be determined by the line manager, Director or above
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Full UK driving licence
· Literacy and numeracy at VQ level 2 or equivalent
· D1 condition or equivalent full driving licence (no bans or convictions) (for pre 1997 licences)
· Experience of working with individuals with challenging behaviour
· Ability to enforce standards and procedures
· Supervision of others carrying out practical tasks
· Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
· Potential to teach problem solving skills/employment related skills
· Demonstrates practical knowledge of painting, decorating and gardening
(Please see attached job description)
This is a role with plenty of challenge and scope for a person who wants to contribute to public safety and reduction in reoffending. You will be able to relate to people from a wide range of diverse backgrounds; be highly organised and able to demonstrate the ability to work across agencies. Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting performance targets, working with diversity and delivering high quality services.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently but also as a valuable and pro-active member of their local Community Payback team. Applicants need to be self-motivated and have the ability and willingness to work remotely and flexibly; balancing the needs of both the business and our service users. Good organisational skills, resilience, initiative and the ability to make full use of IT and all communications methods are essential. Weekends and some evening work may be required. This role has a salary of £22,039 which will be pro rated to the hours worked as a sessional. Enhancements will be paid for working weekends.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Whilst probation services have been a long standing and successful part of the Criminal Justice System; the introduction of CRC’s in 2014 to manage approx. 70% of the offending population means that we are still in the midst of transformation as a private company (Interserve), but who already pride themselves on delivering effective and efficient public services.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
The vacancies are casual and successful candidates will be expected to travel within GreaterManchester.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's