A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
CBTC System Support MDT
|Job Title:||CBTC System Support MDT|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2018 16:46|
CBTC System Support MDT 028988
Organisation - AP JNP Infrastructure
Job - Signal
Position Type - Full Time
Location: Acton with travel to other TfL locations on a regular basis
Applicants must hold a full UK driving license and a Safety on the Track certification to Individual Working Alone level will be required for role holder.
• Using appropriate Second Line Maintenance Device equipment, carry out testing of hardware and software unaided for the CBTC Lines, and if required on the TBTC Lines as directed by the CBTC System Support Manager and or Engineers.
• Reviews log files and behaviour of the CBTC system in order to identify failure or sequence of events to support the testing of hardware at 2nd line (workshop) level.
• Support 1st line (operating railway) response teams in Signals and Fleet with technical support, both on site and remotely
• Suggest initiatives to improve reliability of the CBTC system and where possible assist in their implementation
• Post holder will carry out hardware testing of CBTC/TBTC equipment using Second Line test equipment.
• Maintenance and upkeep of Second Line test equipment and associated tools
• Analysis logs to identify faults / unexpected behaviour and thereby identify software bugs and/or hardware failure.
• Provide reports on the outcome of second line testing and analysis
• Post holder will suggest initiatives to improve CBTC/TBTC system reliability and where possible implement these.
• The post holder will be required to work with others from multiple engineering disciplines, including Signalling, Rolling Stock and 3rd party supplier / maintainers.
• Ensure configuration management of CBTC/TBTC Assets is maintained
• The role does not have any direct budget control but operates within the overall Technical Delivery Managers budget.
• The post holder can influence the Head of Signals operating budget to ensure sufficient and suitable spending on the infrastructure, assets, training and competence management of staff.
• Technical Delivery Manager
• C/TBTC Engineering Managers
• Signals Response team
• Signals Maintenance teams
• Signals Design / Thales
• Fleet Production Managers and Engineering
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Able to work in a multi disciplinary team
• Writing reports and able to use computer based asset management systems
• Proven record in maintenance and fault finding techniques on signalling or train systems
• Able to use test equipment and analyse results
• Data interrogation, manipulation and analysis
• BTEC/ONC or relevant equivalent professional qualification
• Knowledge of railway signalling, control and train control systems, and must be capable of becoming a safety critical licence holder in the relevant field (1.3.260 Signalling Electronics Tester, 1.4.230 Combined Signalling Maintainer & Fault Finder)
• Knowledge of management of assets
• Direct knowledge of maintenance working procedures and access arrangements
• Safety related rules, policies, directives and procedures relating to a railway environment
• Experience of maintenance and fault finding operations especially in the ATC signalling and Control environments
• Experience of working in a multi disciplinary team
• Experience or working and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of LU working practices and maintenance procedures
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network & a nominated person
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
The closing date for applications is Sunday 6th January at 11:59pm
Please apply using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. You may also use the ‘additional documents’ section in your online application to attach a more detailed profile that is specifically relevant to the role you are applying for.
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.