A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Chef Apprenticeship|
|Salary:||11,000 - 14,500|
|Contact Name:||Abbie Ralph|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2018 14:43|
Role Profile: Chef Apprenticeship
Company: Liberum Capital Limited
Location: Ropemaker Place, Level 12, 25 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9LY
Purpose of the Role:
At this independant investment bank, we have an in-house Chef Manager who serves breakfast, lunch & coffees throughout the day to Liberum’s staff and visitors. Due to an increase in demand, a position has become available for an assistant barista/chef, to work alongside our chef manager throughout the day in a wide variety of tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to undertake a meaningful apprenticeship and learn from a professional chef with over 28 years’ experience.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and the confidence to interact with a variety of people face to face and over the phone, taking orders and upselling the services of the department. You should have the ability to work in high pressured environments and an excellent attention to detail – working quickly to take orders, deal with cash handling and keeping the workspace clean and tidy. Previous experience in a catering or customer service position is desirable, although not essential.
An Apprenticeship is a mixture of learning on the job, and completing relevant training with an approved training provider. Typically, this will take a year to complete and during this time you will be employed on a contract basis directly by Liberum. You will gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2 upon successful completion of various assessments. Uniforms will be provided.
- Preparing food throughout the day for the staff & clients of Liberum
- Using the coffee machine to prepare fresh beverages throughout the day
- Delivering goods to employees’ desks throughout the office
- Ensuring the workspace is kept clean & tidy
- Covering for the Chef Manager in any holiday/absences
- Assisting the Chef Manager in any ad-hoc day to day tasks as required.
- £11,000 for apprentices under the age of 19, £14,500 for apprentices over the age of 19
- Fully funded NVQ/VCQ Level 2 commis chef apprenticeship
- 18 month fixed term contract, to be reviewed thereafter
- Hours: 7:00am – 2:30pm, 30 hours per week (30 minute break), Monday – Friday
- 5 weeks holiday
- Access to Company pension scheme & benefits
Skills, Attributes and Credentials:
- A passion for catering, and a high standard of personal hygiene
- Detail oriented, and logical
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to plan own time effectively
- Able to demonstrate a proactive and intuitive attitude to tasks
- Able to prioritise key tasks
- Previous relevant experience
- English & Maths GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) as a minimum.
An employee owned Investment Bank based in the City of London, created in 2007 to provide a peerless service to our clients. Our c.170 staff in London and New York own the business and set out to do what’s right for the client at all times.
The core activities are:
- Research, Sales and Trading – large cap European equities, small and mid-cap European equities and investment funds
- Market Making – small and mid-cap UK equities and investment funds
- Investment Banking – IPOs and secondary issues, M&A advice.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
The Company has used up its quota of certificates of sponsorship for this year. Regretfully, until the Company is allocated more certificates of sponsorship by the UKBA, it cannot consider applications from candidates who require sponsorship for a work permit in order to work in the UK. If you require sponsorship and would like the Company to consider your application at such time as it is allocated additional certificates of sponsorship, please make this clear when you submit your application.