The successful applicant must have a keen eye for detail and so continue to maintain a very high standard of cleanliness. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Providing the highest level of housekeeping service within your area of responsibility in line with the clients’ specifications
Responding positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner
Providing a range of general cleaning services to include offices/meeting rooms, toilets/showers, laboratories and amenity areas site wide
Ensuring all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility
Making yourself familiar with and follow all company procedures and regulations
Participating in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report any dangers, near misses or hazards you encounter to your Coordinator/Line Manager
All offices, toilets, laboratories and amenity areas to be presented in a clean and tidy
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
Exceptional customer service skills
Strong attention to detail
Previous work experience in customer service employment
Office / Unit name
AstraZeneca – Hodgkin
To ensure that all areas run by the office and kitchen are kept clean and tidy. Providing a safe and hygienic environment for the production and service of food. Maintaining company standards at all times
Accountabilities or “What you have to do”
· To ensure that Company and statutory regulations, regarding hygiene, safety of staff, food and equipment are complied within all tasks undertaken.
· To ensure that personal and working hygiene and safety standards are not less than Company & Statutory Regulations.
· To ensure the security of stores, cupboards and any other area under your control and to prevent the abuse and/or destruction of Company property.
· To assist in maintaining correct procedures for all deliveries, stores and store rooms.
· To report any customers complaints and compliments to a member of the management team.
· To report any incident of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food or other irregularities to a member of the management team.
· To attend all staff meetings and training courses as requested.
· To conform to the required dress code for your area, and to ensure the uniform provided is always clean, presentable and free from tears and stains.
· The washing of all pots in the pot wash areas and operation of the dish washing machine, in accordance to directions.
· To ensure all food waste is disposed of in correct manner in accordance with hygiene and environmental procedures.
· To ensure that all wastage is recorded and agreed by the Catering manager or his delegated person of authority before being disposed of.
· To ensure all catering waste disposal areas are left clear and hygienic at all times.
· To adhere to and carry out all cleaning as laid down in cleaning schedule.
· To be fully conversant with and adhere to all Sodexo and UK legislation with regard to: (a) Hygiene regulations. (b) Health and Safety at Work Act. (c) Fire precautions and fire regulations. (d) COSHH regulations.
· Ensure that all stock items are monitored and rotated and proper requisitions and stock transfer procedures are carried out.
· To ensure all PPE is worn as per training and company procedures whenever appropriate
· To liaise and assist in other areas as dictated by business needs.
· To assist with basic food preparations as directed by the duty chef.
· To attend to any reasonable requests by the management.
· To relieve in this and other Establishments, from time to time, during holidays, sickness etc.
· The description is not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities but to give a brief outline of the duties expected
Working closely with Sodexo team on site
Knowledge, skills and experience
Experience in a similar role
The ability to communicate with and work well with the immediate team
Employee Name and
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business