Customer Service Assistant – Night Tube 031462
Organisation - Planning/Performance Reporting
Job - Customer Service Assistant
Position Type - Part Time
Night Tube CSA1
Please note that applying for this role means you have read and understood this advert and any associated links. Please read the job description carefully.
This recruitment campaign is to recruit to a waitlist for permanent opportunities as they arise. We will be offering roles on an ongoing basis over the next year.
Please be aware – we are going to be advertising for full time Customer Service Assistants on the 27th September 2019. You cannot apply for both Night Tube CSA and Full Time CSA roles. If you would like to apply for the CSA full time role, please do so when the role is open and do not apply for the Night Tube CSA role. If you are unsuccessful in either campaign, you will not be considered for the other.
Closing date for Applications: Monday 21st October 2019 @ 23:59
Please note: Due to the expected high response to these vacancies we reserve the right to close this campaign once we have a suitable pool of applicants, which could be prior to the published application closing date.
Transport for London leads the way as a unique public service – and it's a great place to develop your career. We treat our staff with the same commitment we give our customers; their satisfaction is a measure of our success.
If you get a real buzz from helping people and are passionate about assisting customers, come help us demonstrate that "every journey matters", and ensure that our customers remain at the centre of everything we do here at London Underground. Not only will you enjoy a highly competitive salary and benefits package – you will also be part of a team committed to exceptional service delivery.
We are looking for friendly, reliable, helpful people with outgoing personalities and a genuine passion for delivering outstanding customer service. We are looking for confident people who can quickly take in information about our services, become experts on their local working areas and promote a positive image at all times.
Night Tube CSA1 - Salary: £14,369 per annum
This position is on Friday and Saturday nights, working 15 hours per week. Start time between 22:00-00:00. This could be at any location in London. Please be aware that you cannot take up this role and work in another capacity on Friday or Saturday as this contravenes safety / working time regulations.
To deliver exceptional service to all London Underground customers, providing assistance according to all customer needs including ticketing and enquiries. You will be our public face: proactively approaching customers who may need help purchasing tickets, advising them on their journeys with real time information whilst providing a welcoming presence throughout the station.
• Customer service: deliver world-class service by actively providing assistance to customers, including those with special requirements, with service information, help and advice on ticketing.
• Ticketing: Provide active support and advice to customers at Ticket machines including the use of staff-enabled functionality. Float, service and consolidate cash from ticket machines where directed.
• Incidents and emergencies: assist to ensure the safety of customers and staff, and to restore service as quickly as possible, in line with London Underground's rules and procedures (as directed).
• Station support: Support the smooth operation of the station environment. This could include carrying out checks, taking steps to alleviate congestion, prevent overcrowding and assisting customer flow and evacuation where necessary. Resolve local issues or report faults as required.
London Underground benefits include
• Free travel for you on all services owned by TfL
• 14 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata of 7 weeks)
• 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• Final salary pension scheme
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
To be eligible for this vacancy, you should
• Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK
• If you have a visa then it should be valid for at least 6 months from 23rd September 2019
• Be able to work any day including any relevant public holidays
• Be able to work in any location covered by the London Underground Network.
You will be assigned to an Area within a Cover Group and could be required to work at any of the number of stations within that Cover Group. Area’s can be anywhere covered by the London Underground Network.
The process consists of 4 stages including attending an Assessment Centre. You will need to pass each stage to progress to the next. The assessments for both roles are exactly the same:
Stage 1: Online Application Form
As part of the application process you will be asked a number of screening questions. Please take care when answering these questions, as submitting an incorrect answer will result in your application being declined.
Stage 2: Online Situational Judgement Test (SJT)
Once your application has been submitted and if you are successful, we will send you the link to complete the online Situational Judgement Test (SJT). We strongly advise you to read the following guidance before completing the test. This will explain what an SJT is and gives you a few tips of how to complete it. Please note, this is not a timed test, therefore you can complete at your own pace. You must complete this test alone, we will be investigating any allegations that suggest otherwise and this may result in disqualification.
Stage 3: Assessment Centre 1 (AC1) - You will complete the following pencil and paper tests
· Data interpretation
· Written Communication
Stage 4: Assessment Centre 2 (AC2)
· Customer service role play
· Competency Based Interview
If you are unsuccessful after AC2, you will not be considered for the other role. Your application for this recruitment campaign will not be processed further.
Please be aware that communicating the outcomes of the Assessment Centres may take 10-14 days after your assessment event.
The campaign is running to a very specific delivery timescale as determined by the business and there will only be enough slots for the number of candidates invited. Dates for the Assessment Centre will be opened on a rolling basis so you it’s advised that you book as early as possible. Please note that no further dates will be made available.
SJT stage - The SJT will be sent automatically on the successful completion of your application and you will have 5 days in which to complete from the date it was sent. If you have not received the email within 24 hours of submitting your application, please check your junk/spam emails or alternatively, and a copy can be found in your Taleo history, which you can access using the returning users page. No extensions will be granted, therefore If you are unable to complete your test within the 5 days, we would advise you to refrain from submitting your application at this time. If you do not complete the SJT within 5 days of receiving the email, you will be automatically removed from the process. Please note: The SJT is not compatible with mobiles or tablets so please ensure you have access to a PC or laptop to complete your test. The test is not timed so you can complete in your own time.
Attending an Assessment Event
You will receive an email request inviting you to book into an assessment event. You will receive confirmation of your booking together with any relevant information required for your assessment at the time of booking.
• You have an active email address where correspondence, invitations to assessment events and practice material can be sent
• All your contact details including phone numbers, address and email are updated and current on your application
You can download a copy of the Candidate Charter here. This outlines our commitment to you as a candidate by providing insight into our recruitment process. It also outlines our expectations with regards to your engagement with us, to ensure that you receive the best recruitment experience possible, as we believe you should know the standards of service you can expect from us. You must read this document prior to submitting your application in order to understand every aspect of the process.
Reasonable Adjustment Process
If you require reasonable adjustments, you must notify the recruitment at least 48 hours (excluding weekends) prior to your scheduled assessment event to allow us to accommodate your requirements. You will then be sent a confirmation email which you will need to bring to your assessment. If you fail to bring this on the day your adjustments will not be granted and you will be unable to re-book.
We will consider that you are the expert regarding your own requirements and we will consider all requests fairly within the context of the role.
Please take the time to read the Disability Charter here.
Notice of Cancellation
We require you to give a minimum of 48 hours' notice of cancellation or re-schedule. Non-attendance at your Assessment Event may lead to your application being withdrawn.
Please note: Your assessment may be rescheduled once only and reschedules will only be granted if there are assessment slots available, so please make sure you check you can make an appointment before booking. Subsequent cancellation may lead to your application being withdrawn. If you do not follow the process outlined in the Candidate Charter you risk being withdrawn from the campaign.
Outcomes for the assessment will be provided 10-14 days after your assessment event.
Appointment to Post
• In order to be appointed to a post, candidates must successfully pass a basic criminal records check, employment referencing, medical screening and a drug & alcohol test.
• Appointment to post is subject to successful completion of training. Should candidates fail this training their offer of employment will be terminated
• Although you may be successful and offered the role – you may not commence employment in the role or start training immediately. There may be a requirement to delay your start date until you are required.
Appointment to the post is subject to successful completion of a full-time training course which will take 5 weeks to complete depending on licences currently held, including classroom based training and live station training. Candidates who do not pass the training will have their offer of employment withdrawn.
Feedback (Internal applicants only)
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide any feedback
We require all applicants to visit our frequently asked questions page which will give you a further understanding of the role and its wider associations. You can also download it here.
If you need to speak to anyone within the Recruitment Team then please email the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03330062939 Monday – Friday 08.30am – 17.30pm (Excluding bank holidays)
TfL aspires to be as diverse as the city we serve and we welcome applications from all sections of the community