Discipline Infrastructure Maintenance Engineer 032309
Organisation - Crossrail Operations
Job - Civil
Position Type - Full Time
Main Location: Stratford and Plumstead
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Overview of role
The Discipline Infrastructure Maintenance Engineer RfLI - Buildings and Premises is to ensure the safety and reliability of Buildings and Premises System (including Gravity Drainage systems) for Buildings and Operational Properties, assisting Infrastructure Maintenance Engineer (IME) in managing the Asset Management Plan, including inspection, maintenance, Buildings and Premises (including Drainage) system stewardship and life /performance optimization.
· Manage Buildings & Premises Risk Register highlighting critical assets which require special monitoring and producing the plan to bring such assets in steady state, pioneering for solutions to such poor performing assets and the application of Reliability Based Maintenance.
· Ensure compliance with Standards and other Operational requirements to meet optimum operational requirements.
· Assisting IME in delivering the functional head requirements of Buildings, Operational Properties and their associated Architecture and finishes (including gravity drainage system) specialists including contracted resources management and handover / acceptance following works delivery.
· Assure the right level of compliance and quality is achieved in the work associated to Buildings and Premises as well as other discipline’s assets such as, Civil Structures (Including Earthworks and Tunnels), Cable Management Systems & associated brackets, Equipment Support Structures, etc.
· Support the IME in managing a 5 year asset investment budget. Establish and lead the strategic intervention regime and the management of maintenance engineering stewardship to enable the defined Standards, processes, procedures and performance. The level of intervention includes replacement of assets when re-design is not required.
· Ensure Building Control and assurance requirements are fulfilled in line with the relevant Standards and Design.
· Ensure Facilities Management tasks are achieved to the required service level agreement within the scope of Landlord-ship at various facilities (Stations, Shafts & Portals).
· Ensure that the operational requirements align with the maintenance engineering asset management requirements and deliver a compliant, safe, operable and maintainable railway including the undertaking of on-call duties.
· Lead the strategic approach for continuous improvement through a programme of change initiatives; specifically using Reliability Based Maintenance as part of the "Predict and Prevent" asset stewardship strategy.
· Manage assets within Operational Properties including Civil Structures where necessary as per business and Asset Management requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience (Essential)
· Substantial railway experience as a Building Surveyor or a Civil Engineer with extensive experience in managing Buildings and Premises assets.
· Must have good understanding of Asset Management Strategies for Buildings, Premises and Drainage assets and have worked previously in the role where implemented such strategy to deliver the plan in form of Asset Stewardship.
· Exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, delivering cross functional technical solutions with other cross functional colleagues including their functional heads.
· STE1 or STE2 assessed for Structures and/or Operational Properties within the last 3 years in accordance with Network Rail Competency Standards and worked previously in such capacity.
· STE3, STE4 and STE5 competency to Network Rail Competency Standards is desirable.
· OS19X and/or OS21X competent to MSCC5 (Gained no later than 5 years ago).
· Technical knowledge and expertise in Civil Structures, Buildings, Operational Properties and their finishes including gravity drainage and architectural elements, able to brief technically and influence others as a technical expert.
· Ability to lead the Buildings & Premises Maintenance and Asset Management tasks and efficiently manage resources.
· Substantial knowledge and experience in the Management of Buildings & Operational Properties assets to Network Rail Standards.
· Substantial knowledge and understanding about Buildings and Operational Properties Maintenance and Handover Assurance process in particular Network Rail processes and procedures.
· Good knowledge of Structures & Stations projects design including finishes specifications in the railway environment.
· Substantial knowledge of Railway Buildings and Premises (including Drainage) Maintenance regime along with Condition Monitoring & Reporting Requirements.
· Knowledge of Civil Structures, Earthworks and Tunnels is desirable.
· Application of Reliability Based Maintenance to assets and Risk Management for Safe and Reliable assets system.
Diversity & inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 01/01/2020 @ 23:59
Interviews will take place in January 2020.
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
Final salary pension scheme
Free travel for you on the TfL network
A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
Tax-efficient childcare payments
Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
Discounted Eurostar travel