A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Specialist
|Job Title:||Drug & Alcohol Addiction Specialist|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2018 09:34|
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Specialist 028778
Organisation - Occupational Health
Job - Occupational Health
Position Type - Full Time
Salary - £36,000 - £42,000
Location – 200 Buckingham Palace Road
Overview of project/role
As a Drug and Alcohol Assessment and Treatment Service Counsellor (DAATS) at Transport for London (TfL) you will assess and case manage employees referred to the Drug and Alcohol Assessment and Treatment Service (DAATS) with the aim that they make a successful and safe return to work; their work is often safety critical.
This contributes to the provision of a Drug and Alcohol Assessment and Treatment Service for employees of TfL in order to minimize the impact of drug and alcohol misuse and ensure the companies commitment to safety through specific and specialist case management.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity in a unique context. Working within an industry that continues to develop and embrace change.
As part of a Drug and Alcohol Specialist team this role brings significant professional challenges, necessitating versatility alongside authenticity.
• To undertake individual initial screening assessments of employees to establish suitability for admission onto further assessment services.
• To provide evidence-based clinical advice as part of ongoing case management by referencing diagnostic criteria and contextual workplace considerations.
• To run group based assessment sessions of employees to ensure DAATS provide the most appropriate advice to enable the employee to ultimately safely return to the workplace
• To run aftercare support group of employees returned to work following Residential Treatment as part of the ongoing Monitoring Requirement
• To organize and facilitate formal case meetings with managers and employees in which DAATS advice is presented and relevant documentation is agreed and signed.
• To document and record all relevant case information and produce formal case reports as appropriate ensuring comprehensive case management
• To liaise with relevant parties and keep informed and updated as required to ensure safety
• To undertake client reviews as part of ongoing monitoring and advising on issues where safety maybe compromised
• Provide advice and guidance to assist the business in the safe management of employees with drug and alcohol problems
• To assist in delivering specialist D&A training within TFL.
• To attended weekly clinical team supervision.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Excellent communicator. Concise clear and organized report writer and record keeper.
• Ability to hold clear and appropriate boundaries.
• Excellent problem solver. Ability to remain calm in pressurized situations and able to make considered and measure decisions. A team player able to work in a collaborative style.
• Able to take responsibility for decisions and provide clear rationale
• Confidence to work with a multi cultural client group.
• Confident in their abilities and awareness of limitations.
• Insightful and intuitive.
• Psychodynamic Counselling qualification to minimum diploma level with a groupwork component.
• Professional membership and accreditation (or working towards)
• Knowledge of Psychology of Addiction
• A capacity to understand and work within a safety critical environment
• Abstinence based addiction interventions such as 12 step facilitation and Motivational Interviewing
• Drug and Alcohol screening and assessment tools including DSM Diagnostic Criteria
• TFL Policies and Procedures
• An appreciation and ability to hold the balance required when delivering a psychotherapeutic service within the context of a safety critical public transport company.
• Minimum 1 years post qualification client counselling.
• Group work facilitation.
• Working in a safety critical, corporate setting (preferable)
• Ongoing personal therapy.
• Report writing and management of clinical caseload
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 13th December 2018 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel