A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2018 10:21|
Reference numberSS25881RegionUKLocationLondonSub locationWestminsterFunctionEngineering: ElectricalEmployment typeFull Time - PermanentHourly Rate BandsN/ASalaried/Hourly-PaidSalaried
Interserve is recruiting for an Electrician to support the FM Manager, Supervisor and FMC with a lead focus on the DFID M&E systems, processes and compliance across a portfolio of sites in the Whitehall area including Holborn & Whitechapel ensuring that they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual framework expectation. You will carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive works on the M&E engineering services with focus on electrical systems to ensure zero interruption to the clients installations where possible. Monitoring of all main plant & equipment to ensure a safe working environment for all building users.
We are offering a competitive salary as well we 20 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and retail discounted offers.
The successful candidate will need to be security cleared.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services as required on PPM schedule & highlight major defects to management/Helpdesk & implement quotations for repairs, as required.
• Undertake basic reactive & PPM tasks, which will include fabric, plumbing and mechanical.
• Carry out instructions as required, on any M&E works or specific requirements generated through Interserve Management.
• Proactively pursue Fix & Find tasks where you identify faults, raise the task with the respective Help-Desk and effectively repair within the SLAs of the DFE contract.
• Daily monitoring & responsibility of all main plant & equipment within buildings to ensure designed working environmental conditions are best maintained.
• Reactive attendance to emergency breakdowns plus subsequent fault diagnosis & repair, to ensure the client’s business continuity is maintained at all times.
• Communication & liaison with suppliers & specialist contractors for parts & repair requirements, in association with PPM & Reactive activities.
• Identification & reporting of any electrical/engineering issues or faults, which will have a detrimental effect on the building environment & will require action by the maintenance team.
• Communication & liaison with specialist subcontractors on scheduled service activities on site, plus
• supervision & assistance to subcontractors on site as and when required
• Completion of PPM & reactive paperwork for works undertaken, plus any additional check sheets.
• Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hour’s emergency response & work.
• Communicate with both management & client immediately on any H&S related issues applicable to the contract.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Level 3 technical qualifications documentary evidence of vocational training (i.e. G&G Prt I & II in electrical installation & 17th Edition Electrical Training)
• IOSH Working Safely, or ECS / CSCS / CITB card, or other Government Safety Passport scheme card holder
• Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and experience. Specifically in regard to electrical and operational management of secure facilities.
• Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment. Minimum of IOSH working Safely.
• Not less than 5 years vocational experience in a similar role within building services
• Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills, specialist knowledge and latest business and engineering practice as part of personal professional development
• Leads by example in all role activities Excellent interpersonal, organisational and Customer Service skills
• Security Clearance (SC) will be required for this role
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's