A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Electrician - AP
|Job Title:||Electrician - AP|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2018 10:25|
Reference numberSS25770RegionUKLocationLondonSub locationCentral LondonFunctionEngineering: ElectricalEmployment typeFull Time - PermanentHourly Rate BandsN/ASalaried/Hourly-PaidSalaried
Interserve is recruiting for an Electrician AP to support the Supervisor and Facilities Manager with a lead focus on the client systems, processes and compliance across the estate building, ensuring they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual framework. You will carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services with focus on critical mechanical/electrical systems to ensure zero interruption to the client’s installations and monitor all main plant & equipment to ensure a safe working environment for all building users. As well as ensuring PPM and reactive tasks are completed in line with contractual SLAs and work efficiently by themselves and as a team player.
The role is based in Canary Wharf London. If successful you will be required to complete a BPSS check prior to starting and SC Clearance during employment.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services as required on PPM schedule & highlight major defects to management/Helpdesk, producing quotations for repairs as required.
• Carry out instructions as required on any M&E works, or specific requirements generated through Interserve Management.
• Proactively pursue Fix & Find tasks where you identify faults, raise the task with the respective Helpdesk and effectively repair within the SLAs of the 10SC contract.
• Undertake basic reactive & PPM tasks, which will include fabric, plumbing and mechanical.
• Daily monitoring & responsibility of all main plant & equipment within buildings to ensure designed working environmental conditions are best maintained.
• Reactive attendance to emergency breakdowns plus subsequent fault diagnosis & repair, to ensure the client’s business continuity is maintained at all times.
• Communication & liaison with suppliers & specialist contractors for parts & repair requirements, in association with PPM & Reactive activities.
• Identification & reporting of any engineering issues or faults, which will have a detrimental effect on the building environment & will require action by the maintenance team.
• Communication & liaison with specialist subcontractors on scheduled service activities on site, plus supervision & assistance to subcontractors on site as and when required.
• Completion of PPM & reactive paperwork for works undertaken, plus any additional check sheets.
• Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hour’s emergency response & work.
• Support the fire safety team with seek and search processes and evacuation strategy.
• Communicate with both management & client immediately on any H&S related issues applicable to the contract.
• Must be willing to undertake overtime from time to time to support business needs.
• Promote self-delivery of services to minimise subcontractor spend, increasing overall contract profit.
• Manage the site emergency lighting system to ensure compliance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 17th Edition qualified
• Test and Inspect 2391 preferred
• City & Guilds Level 3 Electrical Engineering
• LV/HV–AP training and evidence of experience
• IOSH Working Safely, or ECS/CSCS/CITB card, or other Government Safety Passport scheme card holder
• Holds relevant professional, technical and management qualifications and experience
• Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment. Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely.
• Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills, specialist knowledge and latest business and engineering practice as part of personal professional development.
• Leads by example in all role activities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.