ngagement Officer 031656
Organisation - Borough Partnerships
Job - Communications
Position Type - Full Time
Salary: £36,000 per annum dependent on Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Location: 5 Endeavour Square, Stratford
12 month FTC
Overview of Role
To be accountable for day-to-day communications and engagement with representatives of the London boroughs, resident and neighbour groups, and other community stakeholders, which could include the delivery of consultations.
The post-holder will assist the Community Partnerships Lead / Strategic Engagement Lead / Strategic Consultations lead in providing the business with a single view of our stakeholders, or the managers in the Strategic Consultation team with planning and implementing consultations, resulting in improving TfL’s approach to policy, projects and initiatives, and protecting TfL and the Mayor’s reputation.
1. Executing integrated engagement strategies targeting specific stakeholder audiences, in accordance with risk profile, ensuring TfL's reputation and high ethical standards are maintained and enhanced, and supporting team and business objectives
2. Building and maintaining strong, credible and meaningful relationships with assigned stakeholders on a continual basis, to provide deep and well-substantiated insight and analysis of core stakeholders’ agendas to support our strategic relationship-building on project and operational issues
3. Carrying out specific engagement campaigns, effectively targeting our key stakeholders, leading to positive outcomes on TfL’s priorities
4. Collaborating internally to engage with targeted stakeholders on key integrated TfL projects, successfully managing stakeholders’ responses, particularly those affected or interested, to negotiate issues, achieve mutual outcomes, gain understanding and generate advocacy
5. Gaining regular feedback from key external audiences, and sharing relevant intelligence and information with the Community Partnerships Manager, Head of Local Communities and Partnerships and colleagues across the business, and challenging our internal processes and policies when appropriate
6. Conducting effective external engagement (of appropriate scale and complexity) with key stakeholders on policy proposals, projects and transport service changes, ensuring the public and political perceptions of TfL are enhanced
7. Assisting as required in the planning, implementation and analysis of consultation communications in line with appropriate guidelines and meeting statutory requirements
8. Production of high-quality written briefings, speeches, reports, consultation materials and correspondence, often to short deadlines, maintaining TfL and the Mayor’s reputation
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong influencing, networking and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate across levels and teams within the organisation to achieve effective stakeholder and TfL outcomes.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to turn complex technical information and data into concise and coherent communications for different audiences, working to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to take own initiative to resolve issues
- Strong organisational skills
- Educated to at least degree level, or with equivalent relevant qualification or suitable experience
- Strong working knowledge of external affairs engagement and consultation approaches
- Good understanding of the governance structures and legislative environment in which TfL operates: local, regional and national
- Good knowledge of relevant policies, and the policy and political environment related to the core stakeholder audience
- Sound understanding of the strategic issues and needs of London
- A good understanding of the relationship between the Media, political decision makers and our key influential stakeholders.
- Knowledge of effective stakeholder database use, data collection techniques and procedure
- Good experience of strategic stakeholder engagement, ideally with borough or community stakeholders.
- Experience in engaging external audiences and institutions to secure third party advocacy and obtain consent.
- Experienced in working in a mainstream public affairs environment, or as part of an integrated communications team
- Experience in supporting the delivery of consultations
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and an up to two page covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 24th October 2019 @ 23:59, Please note we may close the advert early dependant on volume of applications
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel