Engineer (Business Engineering)
|Job Title:||Engineer (Business Engineering)|
|Start Date:||February 2020|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2020 12:25|
Engineer (Business Engineering) 032668
Organisation - TFL ENGINEERING
Job - General
Position Type - Full Time
Location: Southwark or Stratford
Salary: circa. £35,000 dependant on skills, knowledge and experience
Contract Type: TfL
Transport for London (TfL) Engineers are always looking forward. Join us in one of our Central Engineering, Transport System Engineering or Infrastructure Engineering teams and, as well as maintaining legacy assets, you’ll deliver new systems and solutions. There’s more to it than tubes, roads, buildings and bridges. This is about connecting communities and creating opportunities, so we’re ready for the 21st century and beyond.
Day-to-day, you will provide technical analysis and diagnostics within your field of expertise, as well as assisting with the production of designs, drawings, calculations and ongoing continuous improvement of assets to ensure a reliable and safe experience for customers. One day you might be working on developing whole life cost models for newly developed assets, the next you might be directing suppliers on site for engineering technology development projects. There will also be ample opportunities to work across multiple engineering disciplines in both the R&D sector or early life cycle engineering for major schemes being developed.
• Good presentation skills including oral, written and the use of visualisation.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-starting and ability to deliver.
• Good analytical skills including a high level of numeracy.
• Ability to work as part of a team, happy to adapt to a changing delivery environment.
• Awareness of the role of TfL, its context and transport in London.
• Formal understanding of the body of knowledge of a particular engineering discipline deployed in transport.
• Good understanding of the Mayors Transport Strategy and Rail Technical Strategy.
• Experience of delivery in transport in a project, maintenance or operational role with professional engineering content.
• Experience of undertaking a research project in a numerate subject area.
• Demonstrates curiosity, self-starting and resilience in adversity.
It’s important you bring a passion for the TfL Vision and strategy too. That’s because, wherever you join us, you’ll explore work of unparalleled scale, scope and variety across a unique range of projects, as you build your career and expertise. So come and bring on tomorrow, as an Engineer at TfL.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network and nominated person
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
• Flexible working
Please apply using your most recent CV and Cover Letter. We encourage you to apply for the position that is most relevant to your existing skills, knowledge and experience as shortlisting is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the criteria for the role.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th February at 11:59pm
We reserve the right to close this advert early dependant on volume of applications
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's