Engineer (CAD Modeller)
|Job Title:||Engineer (CAD Modeller)|
|Start Date:||February 2020|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2020 16:41|
Engineer (CAD Modeller) 031327
Organisation - 4 Lines Modernisation
Job - General
Position Type - Full Time
Location: 5 Endeavour Square
Contract Type: TfL
To produce 3D CAD models from measured survey data. Where required, sections, plans and elevations will also be produced using Bentley Microstation CAD products, knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage in this role.
The survey data will be in the form of points, codes and line work exported from land survey software and / or point clouds.
The data produced will support track and civils design and construction as well as enhancing the company’s asset model.
• Ensure CAD data supports the safety, functionality or compliance of discrete, newly implemented or altered assets, engineering processes, procedures or systems
• Assists in the development and implementation of discrete survey / engineering solutions within their stated discipline or functional specialism, through the supervised application of defined engineering standards and governance
• Maintains working knowledge of applicable standards, design codes and legislation applicable to their discipline or functional specialism
• Evaluates, selects and applies appropriate solutions to well discrete, well defined engineering problems that improve efficiency or effectiveness, while improving safety and reducing operating costs.
• Supports continuous improvement through the use of best practice, innovation, whole life cost optimisation and effective root cause analysis
The job holder has limited indirect influence over the deployment of multi-million pound expenditure on major programmes, projects or interventions that may affect the safety, reliability and performance of the transport network and hence a major contribution to the delivery of services to customers.
• Principal Engineers/Senior Engineers/Engineers - Providing survey CAD services as part of the TfL Survey team.
• Senior Engineering Leader - Escalation of Technical issues requiring their authority or for further escalation to Head of Profession.
• CAD support team to ensure cost effective utilisation of CAD products and data storage.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Use of MicroStation CAD to produce models in both 2D and 3D – Practitioner
• Working with point cloud data using Jetstream and Cloudworx – Supervised Practitioner
• ProjectWise for the storage and retrieval of CAD files - Aware
• Use of AutoCAD to produce 2D & 3D models - Aware
• Health, Safety & Environment – Aware
• Whole Life Asset Management – Aware
• Quality Management – Aware
• Legislation & Standards – Supervised Practitioner
• Domain Knowledge – Supervised Practitioner
• Knowledge of measured survey techniques and an appreciation of potential limitations in survey data is essential.
• Knowledge of the use of Bentley Railtrack would be an advantage.
• Possesses a minimum of a Higher National Diploma or equivalent in a relevant subject
• Awareness of risks associated with their work and the potential impacts on colleagues and the transport system
• Awareness of the TfL Vision, Mayoral Transport Strategy, Business priorities and financial constraints
• Awareness of the interfaces and inter-dependencies between own discipline and the wider transport system
• Experience of producing CAD models from survey data
• Experience in working with survey teams to ensure seamless handover of data would be an advantage.
• Experience of applying survey data & processes to support complexity projects or operational activities
• Experience of building relationships with the organisation
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network and nominated person
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
• Flexible working
Please apply using your most recent CV and Cover Letter. We encourage you to apply for the position that is most relevant to your existing skills, knowledge and experience as shortlisting is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the criteria for the role.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 11th February at 11:59pm
We reserve the right to close this advert early dependant on volume of applications
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's