Engineer (Infrastructure Protection) 032127
Organisation - Engineering
Job - Civil
Position Type - Full Time
Engineer (Infrastructure Protection)
Contract Type: TfL
As part of TfL Engineering’s Central Engineering group the Infrastructure Protection Team is accountable for managing the interface between TfL assets or operations and the construction related activities of our neighbours. Our role is to mitigate the risks while helping London to develop.
This role involves reviewing and responding to a range of engineering documents produced by developers and their supply chain on a wide range of projects contributing to safe and efficient delivery. This involves being a trusted source of engineering advice to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Proven ability to read and correctly interpret Acts under which railways, highways and other transport systems were built and are operated and maintained, legal property documentation, contracts etc.
• Proven ability to negotiate technical details with designers and contractors plus other parties where appropriate and not concede points critical to TfL business.
• Ability to produce two dimensional plans using standard CAD software or in GIS format and to produce and maintain databases useful but not essential.
• Knowledge of the TfL system, its structures, how they function and ability to correctly assess risk from various activities.
• At least one of:
o Working knowledge of Abnormal Load process and legislation.
o Working knowledge of the principles of property development, utility infrastructure delivery and related legislation including Party Wall etc. Act, Town & Country Planning Act, Access to Neighbouring Lands Act, Construction, Design & Management Regulations, Highways Act and various railway legislation.
• Experience in Civil or Structural Engineering, to include at least one of design, assessment or construction of railway or highway structures.
• Experience in a range of commercial developments and infrastructure projects interfacing with operational transport systems.
• Experience of Structural Inspections and Assessments particularly the ability to interpret reports and to use the information contained therein.
• At least one of:
o Experience of Abnormal Load process and legislation, processing and responding to notices..
o Experience in the execution of demolition, new construction and maintenance activities in close proximity to operational transport infrastructure.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network and nominated person
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
• Flexible working
Please apply using your most recent CV and Cover Letter. We encourage you to apply for the position that is most relevant to your existing skills, knowledge and experience as shortlisting is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the criteria for the role.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5th January at 11:59pm
We reserve the right to close this advert early dependant on volume of applications
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.