A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Engineer (Shifts, Electrical Bias)
|Job Title:||Engineer (Shifts, Electrical Bias)|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2018 09:06|
ENGINEER (SHIFTS, ELECTRICAL BIAS)
Reference numberSS25772RegionUKLocationLondonSub locationCentral LondonFunctionEngineering: ElectricalEmployment typeFull TimeHourly Rate BandsN/ASalaried/Hourly-PaidSalaried
Interserve is currently recruiting 2 Electrical Shift Engineers to support the Supervisor and Facilities Manager with a lead focus on the client systems, processes and compliance across the estate building, ensuring they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual framework. You will carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services with focus on critical mechanical/electrical systems to ensure zero interruption to the client’s installations and monitor of all main plant & equipment to ensure a safe working environment for all building users. As well as ensuring PPM and reactive tasks are completed in line with contractual SLA'S
The role is based at Canary Wharf, London. Is successful you will be required to complete a BPSS check prior to starting a SC Clearance during employment. The role is working on a 4 on, 4 off, 12 hour shift pattern between 7-7.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services as required on PPM schedule & highlight major defects to management/Helpdesk, producing quotations for repairs as required.
• Carry out instructions as required on any M&E works, or specific requirements generated through Interserve Management.
• Proactively pursue Fix & Find tasks where you identify faults, raise the task with the respective Helpdesk and effectively repair within the SLAs of the 10SC contract.
• Undertake basic reactive & PPM tasks, which will include fabric, plumbing and mechanical.
• Daily monitoring & responsibility of all main plant & equipment within buildings to ensure designed working environmental conditions are best maintained.
• Reactive attendance to emergency breakdowns plus subsequent fault diagnosis & repair, to ensure the client’s business continuity is maintained at all times.
• Communication & liaison with suppliers & specialist contractors for parts & repair requirements, in association with PPM & Reactive activities.
• Identification & reporting of any engineering issues or faults, which will have a detrimental effect on the building environment & will require action by the maintenance team.
• Communication & liaison with specialist subcontractors on scheduled service activities on site, plus supervision & assistance to subcontractors on site as and when required.
• Completion of PPM & reactive paperwork for works undertaken, plus any additional check sheets.
• Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hour’s emergency response & work.
• Support the fire safety team with seek and search processes and evacuation strategy.
• Communicate with both management & client immediately on any H&S related issues applicable to the contract.
• Must be willing to undertake overtime from time to time to support business needs.
• Promote self delivery of services to minimise subcontractor spend, increasing overall contract profit.
• Undertake fan coil servicing and repairs.
• BMS operation and alarm checks.
• Tasks that are outside of the job role may be required from time to time to support service delivery.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering
• 17th Edition qualified
• Test and Inspect 2391 preferred
• Holds relevant professional, technical and management qualifications and experience
• Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment. Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely.
• Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills, specialist knowledge and latest business and engineering practice as part of personal professional development.
• Leads by example in all role activities.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and Customer Service skills.
• MUST have or willing to undertake BPSS/SC clearance to be considered for role.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.