A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Event Crew|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2019 11:58|
Looking for fun and rewarding work in London's most desired venues? We build stages and sets for exciting, unusual and innovative events and so we need organised, reliable, motivated, and physically fit team players. No experience needed – just the willingness to learn.
We build events such as experiential brand launches, private parties, theatre and television, conferences, and pop up festivals. We do load ins and load outs - one day our crew members might be building stages and sets for a theatrical festival or rigging at a corporate concert. The next, setting up PA systems and lighting at a sporting event, or loading and unloading for a PR stunt or experience for a leading brand
• Hourly rate starting at £10 per hour during probation
• From March - training courses held weekly in peak season
• No experience needed - full training given at our Academy; continuous on-the-job training and development
• We support over 150 events a week
• Great team environment; work is actually fun!
• Manage your availability through our app; full and part time hours available
• Experience London’s most exciting venues and events from the other side
• Support people making their way out of homelessness; we are a Social Enterprise
Our clients are the best in the business so we have to be too. When we say it takes a special kind of person, we mean it. Our crew are fabulous; look at our reviews on Glassdoor. We are all committed to your training and development so you can thrive and move on to a fulfilling career.
• Positive attitude and willingness to work hard
• Fastidious about time keeping
• Physically fit – this is demanding work
• Enthusiastic and committed team player
• Able to communicate effectively and work well in a team
• Experience of working with AV companies or as an AV technician, or in the Events industry in general
• Manual handling experience of any kind, preferably heavy lifting
• Driving license and experience of driving commercial vehicles
• Warehouse work
• Operators of telehandlers, fork lifts, cherry pickers or scissor lifts
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org Do send a CV if you have one, or just drop us a line detailing why you'd like to join the team - what interests you about event work and any relevant experience. Please be sure to write something so that you stand out and we have a reason to call you!
We have training courses every week so can get you out to work immediately.
Apply now to be invited to our weekly group interview sessions to find out more...
We have won awards, but that's not all.....
We started out in 2005 as part of the homelessness charity The Connection at St Martin’s. We employed people who had been homeless in the past, giving them a place in our crew and helping them develop purpose, confidence and independence. Social enterprises were fairly new at the time. But we thought: if we can do great work for great clients and support those people who need it – why wouldn’t we?