Fitter 1 - Lifts 033062
Organisation - Stations Buildings and Civils
Job - Lift
Position Type - Full Time
Contract Type: LUL
Based: Griffith House, 280 Old Marylebone Road, London, NW1
Overview of role
The effective performance of Lift assets is a key component in the quality of service delivered to London Underground’s customers in ensuring a trouble free journey.
Do you have experience of maintaining Lifts? If so, we have a great opportunity for a Fitter 1 to work with the lifts maintenance Team.
You will carry out electrical and mechanical repairs and maintenance works on Lift assets to ensure maximum availability. You will lead a group or be a member of a group of working staff undertaking routine or preventative maintenance on any machine maintained by the Division ensuring that all relevant safety and quality standards, rules and procedures are adhered to.
You will be an active member of the group and be responsible for:
• Reporting on job progress
• Verifying the group’s attendance when leading the group
• Ensuring all work is performed correctly using set procedures, to the highest standard and to ensure the necessary paperwork is accurately processed
• Complying with the Company’s Safety and Quality Standards
• Ensuring compliance with the Divisions Safety Management System
• Acting as the Lift Manager’s representative at all times
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
All points are Essential unless stated otherwise:
• Ability to follow laid down procedures for the relevant processes being carried out to the highest standard of quality (Essential)
• Ability to correctly use required equipment (Essential)
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings (Essential)
• Ability to follow correct procedures, without deviation, from stated operational procedures (Essential)
• Good communication skills – both verbal and written (Essential)
• Have a full understanding of relevant maintenance techniques, materials and methods (Essential)
• Have served a recognised trade apprenticeship or hold relevant qualifications (Essential)
• Hold a current UK driving licence and be prepared to drive non HGV company vehicles when required to do so (Desirable)
• Practical experience in either mechanical or electrical engineering relevant to the Division’s business (Essential)
• Practical experience in Lift maintenance (Essential)
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 11th March 2020 @ 23:59 hours
This is a safety critical role so you will need to get clearance from our Occupational Health team before you start.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel