A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Fleet Assistant (Dial-A-Ride)
|Job Title:||Fleet Assistant (Dial-A-Ride)|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 14:55|
Fleet Assistant - DAR 030917
Organisation - Dial a Ride
Job - Train
Position Type - Full Time
Fleet Maintenance Assistant 030917
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: The salary is £31,698. (Pay award pending).
Please note that applying for this role means you have read and understood this advert and any associated links.
This position is only open to candidates who already hold a minimum of City & Guilds level 2 qualification, or equivalent NVQ, in light vehicle maintenance and repair, hold a full driving licence. (D1 Preferred), and provide their own basic toolkit. (Specialist tools will be provided as required).
About the role
Dial-a-Ride is a TfL success story. It helps people who are not able to use mainstream transport get around the Capital. The service has nearly 45,000 members who make 1.0m journeys a year. Join this team and you'll be supporting a service with an outstanding reputation that is a lifeline for many vulnerable people in London.
Transport for London provides a door-to-door, multi-occupancy transport service for disabled and older passengers within London. Asa Dial a Ride Vehicle Maintenance Assistant, you will be responsible for repairing day to day vehicle defects ensuring the maximum amount of fit vehicles are available for use at all times.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated person to join our maintenance team. This is a very rewarding role where you will have an opportunity to make a difference within the community.
The Dial a Ride maintenance assistant will:
• Carry out vehicle inspections and general repairs as required using the documented maintenance procedure, ensuring safe working practice at all times.
• Attend roadside breakdowns and either carryout minor repairs or secure vehicles so that they can be recovered.
• Work as part of the Vehicle maintenance team to ensure vehicles are maintained in accordance with company procedures and to the required company maintenance standards.
• The post holder will be required to ensure all work undertaken is fully recorded on all required company documentation.
• The post holder will be required to ensure that all company equipment used in facilitating the maintenance regime is maintained and kept in good order.
• The post holder will be required to ensure that all parts issued stores are recorded on vehicle records and reported in line with the documented stores issues procedure. The post holder will play a large part in managing the annual stock taking process.
• The post holder will be required to attend training courses from time to time at the direction of the company.
• The post holder will be required to liaise and communicate with other departments within the company to ensure operational requirements are fully met.
• The post holder will be required to comply with all statutory acts relating to fire, Health & Safety and Environment.
• The post holder may be required to work at any of the company locations and be flexible in their hours of work.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
• Be able to work independently and successfully on your own as well as within a team. Where lone working is required the successful candidate will need to access the building and begin work without direct supervision.
• Need to be energetic and physically fit with a full, clean driving licence (or no more than 3 points), be over 21 with at least 2 years driving experience.
• All successful applicants will also be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, full medical examination, a work based fitness assessment, drug & alcohol testing, reference checks and relevant training
Hours of work
40 hours, consisting 5 shifts per week rostered Monday to Friday between 0600-16.00. The lengths of the shifts may vary slightly to suit business needs.
These are our current locations.
North East: Woodford Depot (Relocating in September 2019)
North: Palmers Green Depot
West: North Wembley Depot
South: Wimbledon Depot
South East: Orpington Depot & Mandela Way Sub Depot
This position is primarily for North East (Woodford), but the successful person may be required to work at any of our locations.
• You have an active email address where correspondence, invitations to interview can be sent
• All your contact details including phone numbers, address and email are updated and current on your application
You can download a copy of the Candidate Charter here. This outlines our commitment to you as a candidate by providing insight into our recruitment process. It also outlines our expectations with regards to your engagement with us, to ensure that you receive the best recruitment experience possible, as we believe you should know the standards of service you can expect from us. You must read this document prior to submitting your application in order to understand every aspect of the process.
Reasonable Adjustment Process
If you require reasonable adjustments, you must notify the recruitment at least 48 hours (excluding weekends) prior to your scheduled assessment event to allow us to accommodate your requirements. You will then be sent a confirmation email which you will need to bring to your assessment. If you fail to bring this on the day your adjustments will not be granted and you will be unable to re-book.
We will consider that you are the expert regarding your own requirements and we will consider all requests fairly within the context of the role.
Please take the time to read the Disability Charter here.
Notice of Cancellation
We require you to give a minimum of 48 hours' notice of cancellation or re-schedule. Non-attendance at your Assessment Event may lead to your application being withdrawn.
Please note that your assessment may be rescheduled once only; subsequent cancellation may lead to your application being withdrawn. If you do not follow the process outlined in the Candidate Charter you risk being withdrawn from the campaign.
Please be aware that the outcome of your final assessment will not be available until all suitable candidates have attended the assessment events. Outcome notification will be provided 10 to 14 days from the date of the last event. We will keep you informed at your assessment event when this is likely to be.
Appointment to Post
In order to be appointed to a post, candidates must successfully pass an enhanced DBS check, reference checks, work based fitness assessment, medical screening and a drug & alcohol test. Candidates who do not pass the medical screening will have their offer of employment withdrawn.
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you and a Partner on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
If you need to speak to anyone within the Recruitment Team then please email the recruitment team at Recruitment@tfl.gov.uk Monday – Friday 08.30am – 17.30pm (Excluding bank holidays)
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18th August 23:59hrs, however we reserve the right to close this campaign once we have a suitable pool of candidates, which could be prior to the closing date.
TfL aspires to be as diverse as the city we serve and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's