Fleet Stores Operative 032529
Organisation - Network Planning and Services
Job - Administration
Position Type - Full Time
Contract Type: LU
Fixed term contract opportunity for up to 24 months
Overview of project/role
To receive and distribute materials to the Production Work Areas, enabling Production schedules to be met. To ensure that all transactions are maintained on SAP to enable effective Inventory Control.
• Generating Goods Received Notes and routing goods through the inspection process.
• Carrying out stage 1 inspection, and taking necessary actions from the result of the inspection, such as rejection of goods.
• Separating of goods and identifying locations for binning.
• Loading and unloading of lorries.
• Retrieval and kitting of materials required to satisfy picking lists/requisitions.
• Stock checking on a weekly basis
• Re-location of goods and stock transfers.
• Delivery of materials to designated areas within Product Groups.
• Receiving and processing of Internal orders.
• Minor assembly of racking and storage equipment.
• Investigation of stock discrepancies and recommended corrective actions.
• Provision of store counter service.
• Housekeeping W.I.P materials
• Operating an overhead crane to move large asset items.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• The jobholder is expected to have practical experience in all aspects of the stores function preferably within an engineering environment. [Essential]
• Should possess good knowledge of stores procedures and storing and handling practices. [Essential]
• Must be numerate, literate and have good keyboard skills [Essential].
• Experience of operating Fork lift and counterbalance trucks. [Essential].
• Previous experience of SAP inventory management (Desirable)
• The ability to work in a safety critical area and obtain depot track certification for working in Depots. [Essential].
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2020 @ 23:59
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
This is a safety critical role so you will need to get clearance from our Occupational Health team before you start.
This role will require manual handling and lifting of items of up to 10Kg. so you will need to be fit to undertake these duties.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel