Graduate & Apprentice Development Adviser 032451
Organisation - DIVERSITY INCLUSION AND TALENT
Job - Organisational Development/Talent
Position Type - Full Time
Location: Stratford City East London
Salary: Circa £35k with excellent benefits
HR is at the heart of TfL’s promise to Londoners – to keep London working and growing, and to make life in the Capital better. In HR we work hard every day to deliver value for money by implementing and overseeing TFL’s people strategy, which enables TfL to deliver the transport system that secures London’s position as a world-leading city and an engine of the UK economy.
About the role
Reporting to the Graduate and Apprenticeship Development Manager, this role is responsible for applying expertise in the day to day delivery and support for graduate, internship and apprenticeship development programmes and related processes ensuring that we develop the best talent to meet the diverse needs of TfL.
The role focuses on advising and supporting key business stakeholders and programme participants in designing and delivering graduate, internship and apprenticeship programmes ensuring participants develop the required skills and behaviours that meet the medium to long term skill needs of the organisation. Equally maintaining compliance with government legislation and being accountable for delivering programmes in line with industry best practice. Allocated programmes vary and can include programmes in critical skill areas for new entrant populations, career returners, career changers as well as for existing employees to enable up-skilling and career progression.
As a Development Advisor at TfL you will:
• Design, deliver and support graduate, internship and apprenticeships programmes in partnership with business stakeholders, Skills & Employment colleagues, Business Partnering and third party providers
• Design and deliver internal / external talent events which support programme participants development, increase opportunities for interaction across the group and visibility of the pipeline of talent, such as induction events
• Develop university, apprenticeship training providers, educational body and Government department relationships to support the development of participants that fulfil business requirements and comply with Government standards
• Co-ordinate day to day inclusive talent management processes and accurately maintain talent data in line with GDPR
• Co-ordinate an inclusive continuous professional development culture and the accreditation process of development programmes with chartered professional institutes
• Work with, advise and influence employees and managers to ensure inclusive talent management processes are embedded and work appropriately and are in line with industry best practice and apprenticeship legislation
• Support the development of programme participants by coaching them on their career and development plans, ensure they are on track with programme milestones, designing, developing and implement interventions to improve capability, ensuring placement rotations are managed effectively, and managing the career launch process on completion of the scheme
• Support the performance process of scheme participants by supporting business sponsors to undertake performance discussions and carrying out performance calibrations for allocated schemes
Stakeholder management, delivery focus and a passion for development are key to this role. You will be expected to interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You will be required to deliver new projects and initiatives to continuously improve graduate and apprenticeship programmes. You will coach, advise and support the graduates and apprentices through their development to ensure that they reach their full potential.
You will need to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Knowledge of the graduate and apprenticeship market
• Experience of delivering development schemes, preferably in the graduate/apprenticeship area in large and complex organisations
• Be a strong communicator and influencer, able to build effective relationships at all levels
• Have strong stakeholder management skills
• Keep up to date with external developments and best practice in job-entry programmes such as graduates, apprenticeships and schemes for under-represented groups
• Be knowledgeable of talent frameworks
• Have strong coaching skills
• Experience of designing development schemes, preferably in the graduate/apprenticeship area in large and complex organisations
• Experience of managing multiple projects at any one time
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 9th January 2020 at 23:59
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
· Final salary pension scheme
· Free travel for you on the TfL network
· A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
· 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
· Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
· Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
· Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
· Discounted Eurostar travel
We will make every effort to give you as much notice as possible, however some interviews/assessments could be organised at short notice.