A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Hidden London Engagement Manager
|Job Title:||Hidden London Engagement Manager|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2018 17:00|
Hidden London Engagement Manager 028693
Organisation - London Transport Museum
Job - Museum & Heritage
Position Type - Full Time
Salary - £40,300
Location – Multi-site, London
Overview of project/role
A rich heritage. An iconic brand. No other capital city is defined and shaped so much by its transport as London. Based in the heart of Covent Garden, London Transport Museum and its collections are a window into the past, present and future of how transport keeps London moving, working and growing. Not only are we the world's leading museum of urban transport, we are a spectacular backdrop for events - mixing old and new with dynamic displays of iconic posters, vintage vehicles and interactive displays.
As Engagement Manager for London Transport Museum’s Hidden London programme, you will be responsible for the growth of the Hidden London programme's knowledge base, interpretation and ability to deliver content. Working in collaboration with the Business Manager and the Programme Manager for Hidden London, you will also develop new tours and experiences to grow audience and commercial income.
• Working with the AD Collections and Engagement to coordinate and deliver high value and high-status tours under the Hidden London Programme. As subject expert the post holder will also develop content for exhibitions on and off site as well as for publications
• Accountable for the preparation of interpretation plans and prototyping tours and events as well as writing content for display, temporary exhibition and written publication, ensuring Museum brand is promoted and helps attract audience and commercial income
• Determine the programme of tours and experiences (mix of venues, number of tours and pricing strategies) that will maintain the unique cache of the experiences whilst maximising contribution by working closely with the Business and Programme managers for Hidden London
• Identify new opportunities for tours and events for Hidden London by research in archives at site locations and liaison with partner organisations.
• Working in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator for Hidden London to recruit volunteer guides, devise volunteer training, deliver training, monitor standards of delivery and develop strategic partnerships
• Monitoring guiding performance against agreed high standards and taking mitigating action where necessary, to be the benchmark standard of guiding. Regular reporting on performance to AD Collections and Engagement and Programme team to consistent and excellent customer experience whilst minimising cost.
• Providing the information necessary for the optimum guide and customer service assistants rostering of the programme delivery.
• Support the sales and marketing strategy by identifying opportunites to develop products that relate to Hidden London and author supporting text for products to ensure authenticity of experience. You will also represent the team on TV and other media again to ensure authenticity
• Subject expert for press events, spokesperson for the programme in media interviews
• Identify opportunities for retail revenue from merchandise from Hidden London customers and present findings to the Hidden London Business Manager, Head of Trading to help generate sales. Support in Cross-selling and marketing activity with other aspects of the Museum's businesses
• Ensure a high standard of Health and Safety awareness and practices ensuring Museum branding is not adversely impacted.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Team leadership skills
• Excellent organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
• Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to contribute to business development within a complex matrix organisation
• Good understanding of the cultural and charitable vision and mission of the Museum
• Presenting, teaching or exhibition interpretation qualification with expert guiding and training skills
• Sound knowledge of managing a busy and successful customer orientated or visitor attraction delivery team
• A high standard of knowledge of London's general history, London's First and Second World War history and London's transport history
• Excellent knowledge of London's disused stations
• Good understanding and knowledge of budget and financial plans
• Experienced in primary historical research, exhibition interpretation, writing for audience, content development
• Exceptional personal track record of guiding and ability to train others to a high standard of guiding skill
• Experience of setting and delivering excellent standards of customer experience and customer service
• Experienced line manager able to inspire and develop their team
• Substantial experience of working and managing in visitor attractions, or events, or special experience sectors
• Experience of managing competing priorities
• Experience of cultural, commercial and results driven environment with a track record of profitable visitor experience development
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 6th January 2019 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel