A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Information & Training Administrator
|Job Title:||Information & Training Administrator|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 20:08|
Information and Training Administrator 029389
Organisation - Bus Operations
Job - Administration
Position Type - Full Time
External Job Description
Job Title: Training Administrator
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £25k
TfL is a ‘multi-billion pound’ organisation that keeps London moving!
We are the integrated transport entity running the day-to-day operation of the Capital’s public transport network and also manage London’s main roads. With over 31 million journeys made across our network every day, we do all that we can to keep our city moving, working and growing. We’re about more than just transport though.
About the role
To provide training and information administration across the Bus Operations business (Buses, VCS and ODT): including formatting training materials into operational terminology, ensuring that information is relevant and on topic and that it is compliant with legislation. The role will be involved with all aspect of the operational learning and development lifecycle. The Job Holder will undertake work of a confidential nature when dealing with personal training data and must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Maintain and update all staff training records and send out relevant updates to departmental managers across Bus Operations.
• Assist with the development and delivery of operational training across the directorate in both site specific locations and classroom based learning
• Ensuring training sessions are booked, rooms organised, materials collated and invites sent out to attendees so that all candidates come prepared to undertake their training efficiently and with least impact on the day-to-day operational businesses
• Manage the meeting room booking system in accordance with agreed practices.
• Ensure the efficient processing of internal and external mail.
• Provide, collate and take the lead on delivering business information for Customer Excellence Award or any similar award scheme. Respond to external information requests as may be required from time to time, in accordance with current
• Customer experience service level agreements.
• Taking meeting minutes, arranging agenda’s and distributing minutes for approval.
• Ensure that the Emergency Contact list where necessary is kept up to date: training providers, commercial tenants and other relevant contacts
• Assist with the provision and display of posters, leaflets and other operational material relating to relevant transport services across Bus Operations
• To assist generally in the administrative functions of the directorate along with other colleagues in business services
• Managers and staff throughout Surface Transport and the wider TfL family.
• All Bus Operations front line staff and management as well as external stakeholders such as coach operating companies staff and external training providers.
• Transport Operators - Management and Administrative staff.
• General public and representatives of customer groups
• Internal TfL directorates acting in a client role for Bus Operations
• Knowledge of TfL policies and procedures and local agreements. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of Bus and Coach operations in London including operational requirements that impact on frontline skills knowledge and experience (Desirable)
• Knowledge of TfL Learning & Development current techniques and training methodologies (Desirable)
• Knowledge of Buses, On Demand Transport and Coach Operator’s requirements and procedures. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of bus and coach service provision and a general understanding of TfL services (Desirable)
• The ability to achieve results through others. (Essential)
• Good organisation skills. (Essential)
• Well practised communication skills, both oral and written. (Essential)
• The ability to handle sensitive information appropriately. (Essential)
• Must be computer literate. (Essential)
• Able to use Adobe Photoshop and In-design packages. (Desirable)
• The ability to work towards TAP training qualification (Essential)
Experience of communicating with internal and external stakeholders. (Essential)
Experience of working in a busy transport environment. (Desirable)
Experience of delivering location specific and classroom based training (Essential)
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
We really are one of the best companies to work for!
Please click on the below link to find out why.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd March 2019 @ 23:59
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
You should apply supplying your CV and a 2 page cover letter.
The CV should be A4, in Arial 12 font, and a maximum of 2 pages.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your submission reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing may be carried out on the basis of your answers to job-specific questions and other information that you submit.
If your application is successful, you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining. For example, we will check your references and qualifications, your right to work in the UK and in some cases require a medical or Criminal Records Bureau check.