A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
IT Infrastructure Manager
|Job Title:||IT Infrastructure Manager|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2018 16:54|
IT Infrastructure Manager - Wintel 029061
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Service Operations
Position Type - Full Time
North Greenwich, London
Salary £60,000 – £65,000
12 month Secondment with option to extend to 24 months
Welcome to your opportunity of a lifetime
London’s population is set to hit the 10 million mark by 2030. Keeping them, and the millions more who visit the capital each year, moving will be key if the city is to remain a world-class destination. That is why we are using smart cutting edge technology and big data to ensure we meet the challenges of the future head on. We are calling it Project 2030 - and you could soon be playing your part in it.
Technology and Data
Our department innovate and support technology for Transport for London. It is an exciting time to join the team as we are looking to use cutting edge technology in innovative ways to keep the 31 million daily journeys moving. We believe every journey matters and you’ll become an integral part of a highly respected department providing vital support to keep London moving. You will contribute to a wide range of challenging projects and develop your career at the same time.
About the role
The Infrastructure Manager reports to the Networks and Hosting Service Owner and manages a team of technical specialists to deliver, operate, support and optimise our Wintel technologies.
You will be collaborating directly with our Hosting Transformation Portfolio, Infrastructure Management teams and our Application Support and Development Management teams to provide them with expertise to support our business critical services and deliver high profile projects in line with our organisation priorities and vision.
The Infrastructure Manager is a people manager accountable for the technologies such as Servers, OpenVMS, Windows Servers, Virtualisation, Web security, Load Balancing and others.
Applicants will have a strong history of hands-on experience and they have moved up through the technical ranks to Infrastructure Management or similar management roles.
Working within a 24/7 operational environment the Infrastructure Manager leads teams of up to 12 people maintaining technologies, implementing new technologies and remaining the accountable focal point during major service affecting incidents.
• A Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent qualifications or experience plus sound on the job experience of the platform specialism or equivalent extensive on-the job experience in IT infrastructure and in the particular platform specialism
• In depth knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies likely to be employed in designing and delivering Enterprise Wide quality solutions in the chosen platform.
• Knowledge of ITIL and its practical implementation in large organisations.
• Knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum
• Knowledge of Servers, Virtualisation, OpenVMS, Cloud in complex enterprise sized environments
• Has worked successfully as a Senior Manager in the IT industry with experience of leading technical teams across technical disciplines in the rapid resolution of service outages
• Previous experience of managing technical teams of up to 12 members, including resource performance management and performance evaluation
• Hands on experience of at least three technologies used in enterprise environments including Networks, Virtualisation, Data centres, Windows Server, OpenVMS, Unix/Linux, Cloud services, SQL, Oracle, Scripting.
• Experience of working in teams delivering support in an enterprise environment of 20k plus users
• Provided technical advice to management team, relating technical terms to non technical people with ease
• Managing the Team: Manage a high performing team of up to 12 Technology Infrastructure specialists that support different technology components, measuring and reporting on team performance ensuring delivery of agreed performance objectives
• Service Delivery: Manage the teams supporting the technical components that are layered together to deliver services to the business
• Service Improvement: Identify trends and forecast activity to mitigate technical and service outages through proactive planning. Ensures all staff are aware of and trained to use processes and meet their skills obligations
• Supplier Management: Manage suppliers adherence to Service Level Agreements and work with vendors to achieve the minimum service according to the business requirements and ensuring value is realised
• Compliance: Track team working practices in line with local and statutory working time directives
• Planning: Plan resource utilization to forecast resource requirements and ensure accurate staffing levels are in place to meet operational requirements
• Operational: Ensure deadlines are adhered to and service quality levels are achieved through appropriate allocation of resources and technical materials
• Provide technical consulting services for Cloud solutions to business customers to aid business outcome deliveries
• Maintains knowledge of industry developments in Open source, Linux and Unix technologies
• People management and leadership skills for teams of technical specialists
• Highly experienced in planning resource activity across complex technologies
• Highly skilled at analysing data to determine trends and patterns to proactive mitigate service affecting issues
• Communicates clearly adapting the style of communication for different audiences.
• Proven ability to manage suppliers, internal teams and customers as necessary to reliably deliver component technologies that combine to form business services
• Proficient in risk identification and mitigation planning to reduce service impacting issues
• Automation and scripting
• Infrastructure as a code
• Weblogic, Websphere
Excellent benefits include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29/30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Closing date: Sunday 6th January 2019 at 23.59
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we represent and welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.