Mobile Technical Lead 032740
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Development
Position Type - Full Time
Job Title: Mobile Technical Lead
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Benefits
Location: North Greenwich, London
You will drive the technical design and implementation within an Agile team, working on the development and maintenance of bespoke software which stays in sync with TfL architecture standards, design principles and coding standards.
You will provide technical direction, during the creation of high and low level technical designs, during software development and testing. You will have experience with Mobile App development (in Android and/or iOS), Rest API and Micro-services development.
• You will own the overall design, development and configuration of applications, components and tools, including the creation or update of appropriate documentation on agreed programmes and projects
• Set and be responsible for the adoption of Software Development Standards and Best Practices in the agile team and specialist area
• Lead, organise, conduct or participate in meetings / delivery events and follow processes defined for their team to ensure quality of work and efficiency of the team
• Uphold the principles and standards of Technology and Data to ensure that work delivered is of high quality, well-rounded, robust, very high performing, and meets the priorities set by the agile process
• Responsible for development plans, forecasts and development budgetary estimates, to ensure projects can be planned in a consistent and timely fashion
• Represent development team in support of governance processes such as architecture and change review
• Evaluate and champion new technologies whilst considering risks to delivery and production systems. Fixing software application defects in accordance with agreed developer operations practices
We believe you will have the ability to take project requirements and functional designs and interpret them intelligently to produce technical designs and working software solutions.
Building Sophisticated mobile Apps in Android (Java or Kotlin) and/or iOS (Objective-C or Swift)
• Develop in one or more of the following: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C
• Continuous integration/deployment
• Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, Cocoapods etc.
• Authority in development methodologies and tools
• Authority in analysing and optimising database and application performance
• Authoritative hands-on coder using a variety of Agile methods
• Guide software design and development capabilities
• Ability to produce estimates for own and other developer tasks with an appropriate accuracy and precision
• Broad level of ability to build effective working relations (partnering) with, and to influence people in the delivery team
• Detailed and attested ability to analyse complex systems, draw conclusions and produce solutions and decisions
• Significant qualification at degree level or higher and/or professional membership / qualification of a recognised professional Institution (e.g. ICE; IHT; CILT) or equivalent experience (desirable)
• Understand object-oriented best practices and software design patterns, how they are used to deliver robust systems, rest services that support mobile applications and mobile apps.
• Understand software architectures for web applications
• Understand configuring off the shelf systems/software to minimise customisation
• Understand planning and management tools techniques, with an emphasis on Agile development
• Understand significant industry standards, such as security
• Understand of 3rd party contractual requirements working in a multi-vendor environment
• You will have experience of structured Software Engineering principles and the task of the software developer
• Confirmed knowledge and "hands-on" experience in large-scale IT systems or Mobile application/apps
• We believe you'll be an authoritative developer in object oriented programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Swift or Objective-C and associated development toolset
• Tried knowledge and experience in cloud implementations and of systems integrations
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th February 2020 @ 23:59
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing will be carried out on the basis of answers to any pre-screening questions and the information on your CV and covering letter.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we serve, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Health & Safety Statement
All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with the current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crime & Disorder Statement
It is a statutory requirement for all departments in TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment.
TfL has voluntarily been committed to following Section 17 since 2006, but we must all make sure that it is considered in decision making, policies and procedures in the same way that equality and health and safety are.