Deployment Manager Based in London - remote initially due to Covid-19
The Company Make Time Count helps society’s most vulnerable by creating a network of support agencies and resources available at their fingertips.
We create and sustain those connections, providing help, training and employment opportunities to deliver perspective, understanding and positive change. Our platform developed for the justice sector deploys smart technology to enable:
● Management: seamless communication between service user and practitioner.
● Risk mitigation: enabled by location based services.
● Rehabilitation: unprecedented network of support providers and resources from dependency support, to housing, education and employment.
● Behavioural and Data Insights: increasing effectiveness of interventions and rapid learning through measurement and testing. We are rapidly developing both our suite of products and our partner network to enable us to service new customers in the public and private sectors here in the UK and abroad. The Role We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual to manage the ongoing development and deployment of our platform with key partners. You’ll be interfacing between our development team, product team and customers, key responsibilities will include:
● Coordinating multiple teams, across time zones and countries (our dev team is off shore).
● Motivating and managing the development team to deliver projects on time and within budget.
● Help develop testing methodology, hands on involvement with QA and testing.
● Documenting and communicating release cycle to stakeholders.
● Tracking and communicating work status via a standardised approach.
● Liaising with key customer / partner stakeholders and ensuring that needs / issues are raised if needed.
● 3+ years of professional experience in Build, Release and Deployment Management.
● Strong experience and understanding of the CI/CD pipeline.
● Version Control Systems (Git) and key concepts such as branching, merging and tagging code.
● Ability to write clear technical documentation, including test scripts.
● Experience working with a standard ticketing system, such as YouTrack/Jira/Confluence.
● Highly organised and thorough with every project you work on.
● Ability to liaise with and influence key stakeholders.
● Ability to empathise with and understand developers.
● An understanding of business and client needs, and how they feed into project management.
● Desire to work in a social impact organisation.
● Understanding of iOS & Android native apps, laravel and PHP helpful
Please contact james.thomas@Prosper4.com for further information, Package etc