A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Project Surveyor|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2018 13:06|
We have an opportunity for a Project Surveyor to take accountability for the Development, Implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, commercial functions and contract reporting.
Wates Building Services (WBS) can combine greater commerciality with an integrated approach across our supply chain.
This replaces traditional M&E procurement on some of Wates Construction’s projects, working with specialist sub-contractors to implement a tailored approach on a project-by-project basis. This in-house platform complements our established external supply chain and with our specialist in-house WBS technical teams fully integrated with the Wates Construction team, we can deliver greater value.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Develop and encourage project team performance encouraging and ensuring that Wates’ main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Complete and submit Business Unit report, monthly MCR, procurement reports and progress reports
- Demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value
- Work with the Surveying Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to Procurement, Measurement and valuation, Contractual instructions / notices / orders as well as Health and Safety
To be successful in the role you will already have relevant commercial skills and experience including the ability to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management as well as effectively use / understand financial reports and final accounts.
Alongside this you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with the client, PQS, design team and supply chain. You will also be committed to leading and developing commercial site teams.