Category: Digital Media/Marketing Posted: 02.10.2019
Leopardstown Racecourse is widely regarded as one of the Premier racecourses in Europe hosting top class racing all year including the Leopardstown Christmas Festival, Dublin Racing Festival, Bulmers Live at Leopardstown and Longines Irish Champions Weekend. Leopardstown is undertaking significant development and is a vibrant, exiting place to work. Our people and their passion for what they do is at the heart of our core values: Respect, Ambition, Empowerment, Excellence, Integrity, Pride & Passion.
Leopardstown Racecourse is seeking to recruit an Events & Marketing Executive to join the Marketing team.
• Project lead on a number of events throughout the year at Leopardstown, to include Ladies Evening, Kids Go Racing & Student Day.
• Principal organiser of the popular Leopardstown Student Day which has been a sell-out event for 4 years. Tasks to involve liaising with student unions, promotion and sales of tickets and event creation of the day.
• Take responsibility for all fashion elements at Leopardstown incorporating best dressed competitions but also develop new concepts in relation to this area. Source and manage best dressed sponsors where required, identifying sponsors and managing the relationship to ensure sponsorship reaches its maximum potential.
• Creation of post-event reports for events and fashion elements.
• Responsibility for compiling the racecards for each event, liaising with the team and all stakeholder ensuring all information required is included before sending to print.
• Contribute to planning, implementation and measurement of campaigns and events.
• Write copy for marketing collateral, web and social media, and assist with press releases.
• Day to day management of competitions and promotional activities.
• Organise and attend events such as conferences, receptions, launches and photocalls.
• Have responsibility for imagery requirements, photography briefs and raceday/event photographers.
• Assist with general raceday support activities as required.
• Work as part of a team to meet the overall objectives of the marketing department.
• Provide marketing assistance as required to the hospitality department.
The Successful Candidate will have:
– A third-level marketing qualification with 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role or 3+ years’ experience in event management with a consumer market.
– Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders.
– Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills with the ability to multitask working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Strong experience of Microsoft Office packages with digital marketing and writing competence.
– Flexibility in relation to working hours and experience working as part of a team.
– An interest in horse racing will be an advantage.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your application by close of business on Thursday 17th October 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org