A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Resettlement Services Manager
|Job Title:||Resettlement Services Manager|
|Salary:||up to £40,000|
|Contact Name:||Neil Wood - 07553 740328|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 19:17|
JOB TITLE: Resettlement Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Leading and strategically developing the Bounce Back Through The Gate Team including;
• Overseeing the service delivery
• Line managing the team of Resettlement Case Managers
• Ensuring all resettlement contracts are delivered on time and in budget.
• Provide status reports including statistics to the appropriate audience
• Work collaboratively with other Bounce Back Business Units in particular Training – both in custody and the community
INTERNAL CONTACTS: CEO, Head of Strategy & Business Development, Head of Learning & Skills, Trainers, Administrators
EXTERNAL CONTACTS: As required
HOURS: 37.5 per week
SALARY: Up to £40k for an exceptional candidate
LOCATION: Office based, various prison and community locations throughout London
• Ensure Bounce Back provides a high quality and innovative resettlement service to all our clients, exceeding expectations and contractual requirements.
• As part of the Senior Management Team be a visible brand ambassador for the portfolio of activities that Bounce Back provides.
• Optimize the way resettlement delivers its services, increasing the use of technology and enhancing the talents of our team of Case Managers.
• Provide leadership to the Case Management Team, as well as across the wider organisation.
• Maintain and improve our data capture and mining capabilities, so that Case Management and internal stakeholders can evidence an outcome focused high quality service, and Bounce Back can share success stories.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Lead and line managing a team of Case Managers supporting marginalised groups and individuals into employment.
• Conduct caseload reviews, establishing KPI’s, setting targets and reviewing these to achieve organisation wide objectives.
• Overseeing delivery of all main funded contracts within Casework, project planning to ensure all services are delivered to a high standard and meet the expected outcomes.
• Collaboratively contribute to the financial model for resettlement.
• Responsible and accountable for casework budgets ensuring the casework department is financially viable and sustainable.
• Be the responsible owner of the Casework database that is the conduit for all reporting and evidence necessary for contractual requirements. The database is our primary vehicle to provide all metrics and optics for Casework, measuring progress, feeding into further funding bids and promotion of the Bounce Back brand.
• Proactively build and maintain relationships with external partners and stakeholders including employers, prisons, probation, CRC’s, charity partners and other referral organisations or providers of additional support services.
• Proactively improve relationships with employer partners, especially those in the construction industry, promoting and representing Bounce Back as an ambassador.
• Proactively sustain a good knowledge of prison practices and regimes, employment skills demands and construction agendas.
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting and you may be asked to complete ad hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
Degree and, or postgraduate qualification.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within Resettlement or Case Management.
1. Leadership & Management
3. Microsoft Office literate
7. Good listener and communicator
9. Team Player & Manager
Planning and Organisational Skills
Project Management and Strategic Planning
Able to plan ahead and manage own time effectively
Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Able to respond positively to changes in workplace environment and responsibilities
Experience of managing and administering a budget
Excellent interpersonal skills and can relate to people at all levels
Able to create good, working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
Able to write reports for Board and external stakeholder purposes
Excellent written communication skills
Conflict management and negotiation skills
Individual and Teamwork
Team leadership and line management
Able to work upon own initiative and make effective, ‘on the spot’ decisions
Builds rapport with others
Able to manage and ‘mine’ data for statistical, reporting and regression analysis
Collate, input and report on data in an accurate and timely manner
Committed to achieving high quality work and agreed performance standards / KPI’s
Security and Safeguarding
Able to respect security requirements and the confidential nature of the work
Understands safeguarding requirements and reporting systems for vulnerable adults
Experience of working in a prison (ideal)