As well as becoming one of our valued Team Members and helping to delight our customers in our nationwide shop network, you will receive fantastic training as part of your apprenticeship, designed to support you in progressing your career within Greggs and offer you a career path into a junior management position.
So what are the benefits of being an apprentice at Greggs?
- Excellent training. Throughout the programme our apprentices don’t just learn about working at Greggs but also about working in the retail industry. Subjects covered include marketing, finance, team performance, customer and legal & governance.
- Fantastic Support. From the beginning of their apprenticeship, each apprentice is assigned an apprenticeship coach who will support them throughout their programme and be on hand to answer any questions they may have.
- An industry recognised apprenticeship qualification. On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be awarded a certificate recognising your achievements. This award is recognised across the retail industry, not just at Greggs.
- A career pathway. During your apprenticeship you will work towards a management role within a Greggs’ store (Senior Team Member, Team Leader or Supervisor), kick starting your career in retail.
So what do I need to do to become an apprentice at Greggs?
Let’s be honest, not everyone can be an apprentice at Greggs and we don’t want just anyone, we want people who are enthusiastic and passionate about a career in Retail and can evidence the following skills: -
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Be well organised and be able to lead or work as part of a team
Our apprentices must also be willing to study as 20% of their working time will be committed to learning the knowledge, skills and behaviours they will need to succeed. There are also certain rules around who can be an apprentice, these are:
You must not already have a retail or customer service related qualification at level 2 or above.
Please note that there is no age limit if you work in England.
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme