A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 11:38|
Lambourn Full-time 24000
Category: Stable Staff Posted: 13.09.2019
Rider Groom / Farncombe Yard, Lambourn
The Shadwell Stud Estate Company Ltd is recognised as a one of the World’s Premier Breeding and Racing establishments. We have produced and trained many top champion racehorses and continue to breed and train horses all over the world
We value the importance of recruiting and developing the best people to support our breeding and racing interests. Our teams are continually growing and we are very happy to be offering opportunities for various roles and locations
We would always aim to support your career development and offer great working conditions.
We are currently looking to recruit experienced work rider/ grooms for our Rehabilitation Yard based at Lambourn
• Our working hours aim to promote a healthy work/life balance. They are 7.30am – 4.30 pm half hour break and one hour for lunch.
• We are able to offer accommodation
Tasks and Activities:
• Riding racehorses returning from injury up to and including cantering exercise. Riding Yearlings and 2 year olds during breaking and pre-training.
• Carrying out routine duties including mucking out, feeding and grooming horses within the stud.
• Assisting in the rehabilitation of horses through the correct and approved procedures; treadmill and swimming, assisting farriers and veterinary surgeons as required.
• Carrying out maintenance of the stud and surroundings as directed, including boxes, yards, paddocks, fences and buildings as required.
• Assisting with the distribution of food and bedding and the disposal of soiled and dirty materials.
• Travelling horses to exercise or move to other locations as directed.
• Conducting all tasks in accordance with and observing the health and safety policies including the correct use of equipment and personal protective equipment.
• Any other reasonable and equitable tasks as directed by the yardman or head person as appropriate
Please do contact email@example.com with any enquiries – whatever your background or experience – as we may have a role to suit you.