A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Section Manager|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2018 19:28|
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Section Manager to join our residential team in London working on some of the most iconic residential schemes in London.
Wates Construction is a UK-wide contractor specialising in maximising value for customers in the public and private sector, with an uncompromising focus on safety and quality.
We have a proven track record in all our core markets: commercial and mixed use developments, education and student accommodation, heritage, local authority frameworks, inner-city residential, senior living, industrial and research, we’re also experts in sustainability and ensuring we create a better tomorrow.
Reporting into the Site Manager / Project Manager, you will be accountable for the managing of a particular Sub Contract Package or part of the project to time, budget, quality and safety.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Aware of and can apply basic Project Management tools and techniques e.g. plans work, compiles a basic Project Plan, measure and monitors performance against these.
- Prioritises own work in line with set objectives and seeks advice and guidance when priorities are not clear.
- Keep and maintain records, for area of responsibility i.e. Labour Returns, Daily Diaries, Cube Results, As Built Programmes, and Weekly Project Report.
- Demonstrate understanding of engineering requirements and the importance of Grid Lines and T.B.M.
- Obtain agreement to and a formal sign off for samples and working examples of quality required by the Specification.
- Participate, contribute and where required chair and minute meetings with Sub-Contractors etc.
- Draft contractual correspondence for approval by the commercial team prior to sending
To be successful in the role you will have strong awareness of all key health and safety legislations, understanding of trades best practice and quality control.
It is essential you have been involved with large residential developments in excess of £80 million in value.
A bit about us:
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Our vision is to become the most trusted partner in the built environment with an ambition to become a £2bn turnover business.
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).
We value each employee as an individual and offer flexible and competitive packages to support that.