A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Senior Cloud Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Cloud Engineer|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2019 10:09|
enior Cloud Engineer – AWS 030927
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Service Operations
Position Type - Full Time
Location: North Greenwich, London (1 stop from Canary Wharf)
£52,000 - £58,000 (depending on experience) Plus Fantastic benefits
Welcome to your opportunity of a lifetime
London’s population is set to hit the 10 million mark by 2030. Keeping them, and the millions more who visit the capital each year, moving will be key if the city is to remain a world-class destination. That is why we at TfL are using smart cutting-edge technology and big data to ensure we meet the challenges of the future head on. We are calling it Project 2030 - and you could soon be playing your part in it.
Technology and Data
Our department innovate and support technology for Transport for London. It is an exciting time to join the team as we are looking to use cutting edge technology in innovative ways to keep the 31 million daily journeys moving.
About the role
Are you a business experienced AWS CloudFormation coder?
Can you influence and mentor other engineers who are new to automation?
Are you enthusiastic and excited about a career in Cloud based technologies?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to all these questions, then apply today to start your new and exciting journey with Transport for London.
As a senior engineer you will be responsible for delivering Transport for London’s infrastructure automation strategy. Our team are hands on coders, deploying automated OS and Database builds into public and private Cloud. We are constantly looking for smarter ways to unlock capability and bring innovation to our fabulous company.
• Proven ability to automate AWS infrastructure within an Enterprise Company
• CloudFormation templates and Lambda functions
• Troubleshoot Windows 2016 or Red Hat 7 server
• Creation and enforcement of security policies and guardrails
• Excellent writing and communication to peers and senior management
• Azure automated deployment
• PowerShell DSC
• Azure DevOps
• Software Defined Networking
Closing date: 18th August 2019 at 23.59
Excellent benefits include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private Healthcare
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we represent and welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.