Senior Home Ownership Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Home Ownership Officer|
|Contact Name:||Shannon Collins|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2020 12:56|
About the role
Following the recent promotion of an internal candidate we currently have a vacancy for a Senior Home Ownership Officer who has experience of retirement and leasehold property management to manage a `patch` of over 400 general leasehold and retirement leasehold homes across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire.
You will provide line management our Retirement Scheme Manager`s and provide advice and guidance to leaseholders on statutory sales schemes such as Right to Buy and Right to Acquire. You will also provide support to the Home Ownership Manager and Home Ownership Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of the Home Ownership Team.
Experience of managing a team is essential as well as having good attention to detail and time management skills. In addition to this you will:
- Have knowledge of housing management, service charge/rent arrears recovery and leaseholds
- Be able to respond to leaseholders and shared owners queries on service charge accounts
- Have excellent customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet targets
- Have knowledge of landlord and tenant law as well as law relating to leaseholders.
- You must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- On-site parking and gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd February 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.