A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Service Analyst|
|Start Date:||January 2020|
|Job Published:||December 30, 2019 17:57|
Service Analyst 032478
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Service Operations
Position Type - Full Time
Role: Service Analyst
Grade: Band 2
Location: North Greenwich
Salary: £33-36k pa depending on Skills, Knowledge & experience
About the role
As a Service Analyst you will be working in Service Operations within Technology Service Operations (TSO). Service Operations is responsible for supporting the management of on going performance and key service management lifecycle functions.
The team work with stakeholders across TSO to gather requirements and recommend solutions that drive improvements for our customers or that deliver cost benefits.
In this role you will be required to present your findings and suggestions to a wide range of audiences
• You will be accountable for producing and delivering business insight in a timely fashion.
• Using your analytical skills to communicate service performance to relevant partners, so that they have a current view of the status of all incidents, service affecting faults, problems and service requests.
• You will be responsible for delivering agreed business reports in a consistent manner and at agreed time intervals. This is important for key partners to understand overall performance targets on services.
• You will analyse data to identify service performance areas, data analytics and trends, highlighting risks or exceptions to the relevant Service Owners, who use them to deliver improvements.
• We are also responsible for the delivering ad-hoc and customised reports when they are requested by our key partners.
• Our team analyse, create and produce reports that highlight problem investigation priorities and their alignment to business priorities. This enables the implementation of proactive initiatives.
• We analyse and deliver reports for Service Operations and Service Owners on how they are performing. This enables them to find opportunities to reduce costs or improve services.
• In depth knowledge of Technology and Data Services or equivalent. (D)
• Demonstrable knowledge of IT Service Management toolsets and processes. (E)
• Awareness of the meaningful national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act. (E)
• IT Service Management qualifications desirable, such as ITIL and its practical implementation in large organisations. (D)
• Knowledge of a two or more of the following areas:- Enterprise Resource Planning, Asset Management, Revenue Collection, Document Management, ITSM, Real-Time Information, Reporting and integration technologies/systems. (D)
• You should have the ability to lead the interactions between suppliers, in-house teams and customers necessary to reliably deliver quality outputs. (E)
• Proficient in risk management methods and techniques for reporting risks to services. (E)
• Creative problem solving and analytical skills are key in this role. (E)
• Good ability to see opportunities and develop and implement solutions which lead to continuing service improvements. (E)
• You should have the ability to work under pressure and deliver to agreed timescales. (E)
• Demonstrable experience of reporting and management in a large organisation. (E)
• Has worked within the technology industry in an analytical role. (D)
• Demonstrable experience of developing customer-focused outputs. (E)
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using a two page CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th January 2020 @ 23:59, We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
• Minimum of 30 days annual leave plus public holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme - optional
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers including discounted Eurostar travel
We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible but some interviews/assessments will be organised at short notice and may require a degree of flexibility