A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Service Performance Manager
|Job Title:||Service Performance Manager|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 13:41|
Service Performance Manager 029075
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Service Operations
Position Type - Full Time
Salary: circa. £50,000.00-£55,000.00 dependant on skills, knowledge and experience
Location: North Greenwich and other TfL locations as required
Reports to: Service Owner
TSO Surface is responsible for the day to day service management of hundreds of services, applications and systems spanning the TFL estate. The team support a number of Mission Critical services, a number of which are extremely high profile and / or critical to the safe and efficient running of London Transport Services. As such, our success is based on building meaningful and trusted relationships with our colleagues, customers and suppliers and in being prepared to go the extra mile to deliver outcomes that make a real difference.
As a result of ever increasing customer demand we are currently looking for a customer focused individual to join the team and provide day to day support for a team of 8 Service Analysts. Reporting into the Service Owner and with a dotted line into the Senior Service Performance Manager the successful candidate will bring a positive can-do attitude to the role by identifying opportunities to deliver service improvement through collaboration, innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo when required.
Taking responsibility for the Surface Team’s strategic reporting and performance management you will work with colleagues in all areas to ensure our customers are kept at the heart of everything we do and will forge strong, open relationships with colleagues within and outside of TFL.
We are looking for some one with proven track record of leading by example with strong man-management skills and developing motivated teams to deliver second to none service support.
To lead the Service Analyst Team in the delivery of
• Transition and ad-hoc project support
• Performance Reporting
• Tender / Procurement Support
• Supplier and Service Performance Management
• Leading and managing a team of up to 9+ in a people management, resource allocation, quality assurance, coaching and development
To support the SPMs in the:
• Day to day delivery of services within the Surface arena, managing suppliers and internal teams to the agreed service level targets and compliance with sub contracts or operational level agreements.
• Delivery of business outputs (e.g. demand, capacity, licence management, service lifecycle management, cost of services etc) across the service lifecycle of the systems, services and technologies within their portfolio
• Service design for new or changed services and support projects during transition into the live environment.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to understand any changes in priorities or likely business demand and mitigate any threats identified.
• Directly responsible for a team of up to 9 roles with a budgeted spend of approx. £700K approx
• Directly supporting the delegated financial budgets of the Senior Service Performance Manager for service provision of supplier contracts of up to £60m pa.
• Directly influencing contract values and service provision of up to £5M pa.
• Senior TfL business stakeholders as the single point of accountability for the performance of T&D services within respective area
• Service Owner, Head of T&D Digital/Payments/Surface/LU & Engineering/Professional Services, Technology Programmes, and development teams to enable the successful transition of services into live operation
• Commercial stakeholders to coordinate the management of service suppliers
• Finance stakeholders to define the total cost of ownership and manage service financial performance
• Service suppliers to ensure consistent service performance and instigate continual service improvement activities
• Service suppliers to ensure understanding and delivery of TfL Mandatory Standards and Policies throughout the Service lifecycle
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Proven ability to influence at a senior leader level
• Proven ability to manage interactions between suppliers, internal teams and customers to reliably deliver quality technology service performance within large-scale, complex operating environments.
• Proven analytical skills to interpret complex data and make or influence appropriate business decisions on the basis of this analysis
• Motivating and leading others towards achievement
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline (or corresponding professional experience)
• ITIL V3 Service Management certification
• Broad knowledge of software development, DevOps & Project Management methodologies (including Prince2, PMM, PMI)
• Knowledge of the provision of effective technical support services to a complex, multi-site operation
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and Asset Management systems.
• Knowledge of cloud computing service models, such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS.
• Knowledge IT applications in public transportation and its business environment & Knowledge of ITSM Tools.
• Financial processes (including project authorisation)
• Commercial management best practice to ensure effective supply chain arrangements to deliver value, quality and reliability
• Extensive experience of technology and data services in a complex, multi-site organisation, preferably in the public sector
• Extensive experience of leading/managing teams and team development experience
• Demonstrable experience of interacting and negotiating at Head of level, both internally and with third parties
• Demonstrable experience of negotiating, delivering and managing complex, large scale, service contracts
• Substantial experience of relationship management and account management
• Demonstrable success in continual process improvement for technology services
• Broad knowledge of Technology and Data Services.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network and nominated person
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
The closing date for applications is Sunday10th March at 11:59pm
Please apply using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. You may also use the ‘additional documents’ section in your online application to attach a more detailed profile that is specifically relevant to the role you are applying for.
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's