A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Shop Manager|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2018 20:39|
Location: Reading, GB, RG1 2DE
Company: Greggs Plc
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
*plus sales related commission after training
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Hours: 42 hours per week
Shifts: We are looking to recruit a Floating Shop Manager for the Reading Town Centre and surrounding area. Working 42 hours per week over 5 days out of 7 including weekends on the rotational basis. You will be required to be available to work during the operational hours of the shops which are 5.00am to 9.00pm. Typically you can expect 8.5-9 hours shift per day.
Managing your own Greggs shop requires passion. You’ll be part of a team that puts the customers at the heart of everything you do making sure their experience is a great one. How? Commitment, hard work and of course lots of fun along the way.
You'll set high standards and make sure your shop reaches them. You'll be in charge of achieving sales and profitability targets and discuss your performance regularly with your Area Manager.
As head of your own Greggs family, you’ll find the role both varied and rewarding; overseeing the training and development of every member of the team all whilst becoming part of the wider community.
You’ll find this is management at its most practical – you'll need to roll your sleeves up, get involved in food preparation, serving customers and make sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming. It’ll appeal to your hands-on nature. Of course, that’s on top of all the administrative jobs you’d expect a manager to have.
Naturally, it’s a job that calls for a track record as a supervisor or line manager and a CV bursting with customer service experience. You'll need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers.
If you've worked in food production or retail before, that’s even better!
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. Be brilliant in your role and you'll get some brilliant things back from us in return:
- Commission related to your sales figures
- Various competitions including a well rewarded Shop of the Year event to take part in
- Access to some great training and development activities
- Opportunities to develop and progress your career with us
To be able to:
Deliver great service experiences for your customers
Lead a high performing team
Achieve consistently high standards
Drive sales in your shop
Contribute to the profit of your shop
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.