A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Site Manager|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2018 19:04|
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Manager to join our Residential team in Barnham.
Wates Residential is responding to the needs of its customers by developing mixed tenure housing schemes in partnership with both public and private sector organisations.
Our business covers new-build and partnership housing development activities, reaffirming our long-term commitment to deliver more and better homes; helping to tackle the UK’s urgent need for new housing.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Input into risk/opportunities register, and implement actions to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities.
- Control and manage preliminaries
- Maintain accurate site record, daily diaries and weekly progress reports.
- Review design drawings for build-ability and co-ordination. Raise RFI where appropriate
- Manage the flow of sub-contractors design information as delegated by the Project Manager to suit the programme of works on site
- Assist the Project Manager and or Design Manager to produce and monitor the MIRS
- Agree sub-contractors long term and short term programme and monitor performance against these programmes
- Manage and direct site labour and maintain accurate records
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, discuss and agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager
We are looking for a qualified and competent Site Manager with experience on new build construction projects in excess of £30m in value.
To be successful in the role you will be an effective communicator with a positive, passionate and engaging approach when supporting and educating the business.
A bit about us:
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Our vision is to become the most trusted partner in the built environment with an ambition to become a £2bn turnover business.
Wates Construction has a proven track record in all our core markets: commercial and mixed use developments, education and student accommodation, heritage, local authority frameworks, inner-city residential, senior living, industrial and research, we’re also experts in sustainability and ensuring we create a better tomorrow.
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).
We value each employee as an individual and offer flexible and competitive packages to support that.