A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Stores Administrator|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2019 13:27|
Thetford Full-time 22,000
Category: Administration Posted: 02.10.2019
Shadwell Stud Estate Company Ltd is recognised as a one of the World’s Premier League Breeding and Racing establishments. We have produced and trained many top champion racehorses and continue to breed and train horses all over the world.
We value the importance of recruiting and developing the best people to support our breeding and racing interests. Our teams are continually growing and we are very happy to be offering opportunities for various roles and locations.
We would always aim to support your career development and offer great working conditions.
Our working hours aim to promote a healthy work/life balance.
We are currently looking to recruit a Stores Administrator to be based at Nunnery Stud, Thetford.
Procurement of supplies and goods for all organisational departments. Liaison with health and safety department for chemical purchases and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
Tasks and Activities:
• Daily purchasing of all goods and supplies as required by departments including liaison with suppliers to achieve the best price where possible.
• Liaison with health and safety department to ensure purchasing of equipment and machinery in line with legislative requirements taking into account ergonomic, vibration and safety factors.
• Accepting of deliveries and arranging for items to be put away in an ordered/organised manner.
• Management of the stores warehouse facility to ensure it is always kept clean and tidy and stocked as required.
• Picking goods to make up orders from the warehouse ready for collection by departments
• Allocating purchases and stock costs to departments
• Sourcing and purchasing of company branded clothing and personal protective equipment.
• Processing invoices and stock movements on the company accounts package Access Dimensions.
• Issuing PPE and uniform to new starters and reissuing to existing staff and maintaining a schedule of all personal protective equipment issued and ensuring this is correctly allocated through Access Dimensions.
• Obtaining quotations from suppliers to assist departments with annual budgets, capital purchase requests and one off purchases or orders.
• Obtaining material safety data sheets for all chemical purchases.
• Organising with department heads for quarterly and annual stock takes and ensuring returns are made and entered onto Access Dimensions.
• Carrying out regular stock takes of the Stores to ensure items are correctly allocated.
• Dealing with internal queries.
• Beef/lamb orders and issuing invoices to staff for payment.
• Answer and direct phone calls within the estate office complex
• Provide general support to visitors
• Any other tasks as required on an ad-hoc basis.
Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
• Good communicator.
• Good numeracy and attention to detail.
• IT skills, good knowledge of Excel and Microsoft essential. Knowledge of Accounts packages desirable.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of equine/agriculture an advantage but not essential.
• Manual handling.
• Safe storage of chemicals.
• Health & Safety.
- Forklife driving