A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Support Technician|
|Start Date:||November 2019|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2019 16:43|
Support Technician 031546
Organisation - Asset Operations Directorate
Job - Signal
Position Type - Full Time
Location: Acton, West London
We are currently recruiting for a Support Technician to ensure the Communications & Electrical DLO Communications Assets are maintained and delivered into service in a safe and timely manner
You will provide both maintenance cover and installation facilitation and control for all field based Telecommunications equipment and systems used by London Underground Limited.
• Gather information
• Report lack of information to relevant persons
• Assemble tools, equipment and materials
• Check tools, equipment and materials for fitness for purpose.
• Report to Works Controller & Network Control Centre
• Deal promptly and effectively with problems within his/her control.
• Report to others deviations which can not be solved
• Follow the correct process/operations for the allocated task
• Establish and maintain communication with the relevant persons
• Familiar with the QUENCH requirements and work to this standard
• Assist in establishing the scope of work and accuracy of information
• Assist in the testing of assets using correctly assessed equipment and methods.
• Assist in the rectification of defective assets.
• Complete documentation in accordance with company procedures
• Ensure the site is secure
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
All points are Essential unless otherwise stated
• Clear concise electronic report writing
• Conversant with respond and clear times in line with LU Policies.
• Entry Permit - Desirable
• Equipment Room Awareness - Desirable
• Depot/Track Competent - Desirable
• Protecting Workers on the Track Engineering Hours - Desirable
• Valid IRSE 2.4.115 Licence - Desirable
• Fieldreach Asset Database - Desirable
• Full UK Driving License or equivalent, to drive company vehicles
• ONC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering – desirable
• Apprentice Level 3 or equivalent
• Understanding of maintenance in an engineering discipline
• Demonstrable experience in contract telecommunications work
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please submit a CV and two page (maximum) covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 1 November 2019 @ 23:59
This is a safety critical role so you will need to get clearance from our Occupational Health team before you start.
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel