Engineer (Track Plant Engineering) 031369
Organisation - Support Services
Job - General
Position Type - Full Time
Transport for London (TfL) Engineers are always looking forward. Join us in one of our Central Engineering, Transport System Engineering or Infrastructure Engineering teams and, as well as maintaining legacy assets, you’ll deliver new systems and solutions. There’s more to it than tubes, roads, buildings and bridges. This is about connecting communities and creating opportunities, so we’re ready for the 21st century and beyond.
Day-to-day, you will provide technical analysis and diagnostics within your field of expertise, as well as assisting with the production of designs, drawings, calculations and ongoing continuous improvement of assets to ensure a reliable and safe experience for customers.
As a Track Plant Engineer you should have experience of either the application of TfL specific standards for the approval, safe use and maintenance of track plant or have wider experience of applying national/European practises. You will have experience of the application of industry risk analysis methodologies (either ESM or CSM-RA) with specific experience in their application to machinery being an advantage. You will have experience in the development of Engineering standards either relating to track plant or other interfacing disciplines (vehicles, tack, signalling etc.) this should include an understanding the ‘system effect’ of these updates and involvement with stakeholder consultation. You will have a working knowledge of health and safety legislation particularly that pertaining to the use of work equipment and machinery this should be coupled with experience of the track renewal/maintenance environment. You will have a good understanding of the classifications of railway machinery and have been involved in projects relating to the procurement and/or approval of railborne plant. It would also be advantageous to have knowledge/experience in the following areas:
- Rail vehicle maintenance, modification and assurance
- Application of interoperability regulations
- Application of the supply of machinery safety regulations
- Engineering process design
- Competence management
- Formal health and safety qualifications (eg. IOSH/NEBOSH)
- Reliability, performance and maintenance strategies.
It’s important you bring a passion for the TfL Vision and strategy too. That’s because, wherever you join us, you’ll explore work of unparalleled scale, scope and variety across a unique range of projects, as you build your career and expertise. So come and bring on tomorrow, as an Engineer at TfL.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your most recent CV and Cover Letter. We encourage you to apply for the position that is most relevant to your existing skills, knowledge and experience as shortlisting is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the criteria for the role.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 13th October 2019 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Our benefit package includes;
• Final Salary Pension Scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network (and one additional person at your address)
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private Healthcare discounted scheme
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers through the MyTfL rewards programme
• Discounted Eurostar travel
• Flexible Working or Part Time Working