A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Voids Supervisor|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2018 19:05|
Location: Stoke Newington
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an opportunity for a Void Supervisor to join our Responsive Team in Stoke Newington. Your key responsibility will be to ensure Repairs Contract delivers a high quality customer and health and safety focussed service taking responsibility for the day to day management of the operation.
Within the group, Wates Living Space is one of the UK’s leading providers of planned and responsive maintenance services in the social housing sector, maintaining over 500,000 homes nationwide every year.
Our leading position within the maintenance sector has enabled the business to realise ambitious strategic growth. In 2011 Wates Living Space acquired Linbrook Services, followed by the Purchase Group in 2014. This has further expanded our maintenance capability into the Midlands, Wales, and North West, offering our clients a truly integrated national service for all of their maintenance requirements.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for checking that, operatives booking sheets and timesheets are completed correctly, accurately and timely and that incomplete work is rescheduled with scheduling team.
- Ensure that large multi-trade jobs, booked in by the scheduling team are checked to clarify what trades and timeframes are required, and if a pre-inspection is necessary.
- Responsible for making sure that operatives and sub-contractors are aware of and adhere to Company rules and regulations including attendance, mobile phone, driving, no smoking and alcohol and drugs policies and to ensure that the appropriate action is taken if these policies and procedures are not followed or broken.
- Attend pre-inspection works and advise operatives and sub-contractors on appropriate action and job requirements.
- Attend site to inspect operatives and sub-contractors workmanship and feedback appropriately and constructively on workmanship and productivity.
- Deal and respond effectively to variation requests highlighted by the operative and sub-contractor adhering to the appropriate client rules and procedures.
- Produce a weekly report on incomplete jobs for Operations Manager and investigate and follow up jobs that have not been completed.
- Undertake any administrative task that is required to fulfil the responsibilities of your role.
- Attend client meetings where required.
A bit about us:
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold)