A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Volunteer Resource Coordinator
|Job Title:||Volunteer Resource Coordinator|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2018 21:05|
Volunteer Resource Coordinator 028553
Organisation - London Transport Museum
Job - Customer Care
Position Type - Full Time
Location – Covent Garden (London Transport Museum)
Salary – £24,100 - £25,100
Fixed term contract for 24 months.
Overview of project/role:
As a Volunteer Resourcing Coordinator at London Transport Museum you will coordinate the Museum’s volunteer resource programme both at the Museum in Covent Garden, the Depot at Acton and any off site activities in order to meet the Museum’s objectives. You will ensure that the resource provided attains the highest standards for the benefit of the visitors, collections and programme participants, reflecting the Museum’s aims and core values.
The role will coordinate the administration, briefing, training and preparation of all volunteer resource. The volunteer resource is made up of but not exclusively; traditional Volunteers, Work Experience, Internships, Work Placements.
As the first point of call for potential and existing volunteers, future visitors, customers and stakeholders this role is crucial to the public and professional image of the Museum.
This role is 5 days out 7, so will require weekend working.
• The resource coordinator will be expected to develop their skills and specialise in resource coordination.
• Assist in the recruitment of volunteers/interns as requested by Museum managers to best meet the agreed profile, using appropriate human resource procedures. Assist in the shortlisting and interviewing of potential candidates with museum management, in line with all current company policies.
• Facilitate delivery of and develop the Museum’s agreed public talks and events programme by recommending and sourcing volunteers with suitable specialist knowledge and skills, to meet the needs of the programme.
• Assist in the development and coordination of the Museum’s work experience programme, to provide a quality and cross departmental learning experience.
• Explore new work opportunities for volunteer resources and potential new ways of supporting programmes at the Museum, through coordination with Learning and any other appropriate Department.
• The role will also carry out any other reasonable request by the Museums management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Strong organisational skills, ability to work under pressure, manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines, ability to prioritise complex and demanding work streams
• Strong people management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships, influence behavioural change and engage with a diverse range of people.
• Creative and flexible with an innovative, customer focused approach
• Must be able to communicate on a number of different levels, including volunteers colleagues, customers, contractors and sponsors.
• A professional qualification or equivalent experience
• A strong understanding of volunteer management and laws
• Understanding of the principles of visitor management and visitor
• Detailed knowledge of IT systems including MS Office Suite.
• Good knowledge of web technology and social networking
• A professional volunteer manager with relevant flexible resourcing experience.
• Experience of working in a customer- facing environment.
• Proven experience in building and organizing a diverse team.
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 16th December 2018 at 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel