A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Warehouse Logistics Supervisor
|Job Title:||Warehouse Logistics Supervisor|
|Job Published:||January 12, 2019 15:26|
Warehouse Logistics Supervisor 029047
Organisation - London Transport Museum
Job - Customer Care
Position Type - Full Time
Salary: £30k - £35k
Location: Acton Depot (with occasional travel)
Overview of project/role
We are the world’s leading museum of urban transport. No other capital city is defined and shaped so much by its transport as London, and the Museum and its collection are a window into the past, present and future of how transport keeps London moving, working and growing, and makes life in our city better.
As a Warehouse Logistics Supervisor at London Transport Museum, you will deliver effective warehouse and logistic support for all trading activities. This includes the organisation and control of stock at LTM's Acton Depot for delivery to LTM's Covent Garden Shop, Acton Shop, On-line fulfillment centre in York and additional off site trading events ensuring Health & Safety standards are met.
• Accountable for the effective day to day management and control without onsite supervision of all retail stock held at LTM's Acton depot and the strategy, planning and implementation of new processes to improve stock efficiencies
• Effective control of goods in, retail storage and delivery of stock between branches as required by the needs of the business
• To ensure stock is received accurately and in good condition from external suppliers reporting any issues to the retail Merchandising team
• To ensure deliveries are made to internal and external customers according to the schedules required, ensuring all stock is packaged and labelled correctly
• To carry out accurate inventories and stock checks as requested by the Trading Team on a rolling stock-take basis, as well as completing the year end stock-take programme
• Completion of paperwork and EPOS system updates daily to ensure accurate and effective stock control
• Assisting in the planning and operation of off-site events when required by the Special Projects & Off-Site sales Manager, including flexibility to work occasional weekends for key events.
• Attendance and active contribution to Acton Depot working group meetings suggesting ideas and ways of improving the Acton Depot
• Support in the logistics, operations and dispatch of special projects such as Decommissioned Originals and Moquette Fabric when required.
• Help with the set up of regular photographic shoots for the web shop at the Acton depot
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Able to proactively manage their own workload and multiple priorities
• H&S awareness and safe working (essential)
• Level 2 in numeracy (essential)
• Clean Driving License (essential)
• Valid Counter Balance and Reach Forklift License (essential)
• Ability to drive a 3.5 tonne vehicle (essential)
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience of operating EPOS stock control systems
• Knowledge of stock control and management
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience of operating and managing in a warehouse environment (essential)
• Knowledge of current/emerging retail and warehousing processes and technologies
• Team worker with the ability to both establish good working relationships and to support and co-operate with others
• Computer literate with competency in Microsoft Excel and CSV File Conversions.
• Experience of working in retail warehouse capacity
• Experience of multi- channel fulfilment warehousing
• Forklift driving (essential)
• Driving vehicles in a busy traffic environment
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 27th January 2019 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel